Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should this be essential baby gear?

Posted by   + Show Post

My family(DH,  DD, DS and I) went for a ride in the car last weekend.  While out we stopped to give the kids a treat of a McDonalds lunch.  It was a spur of the moment trip or we would have been able to pack a picnic lunch, anyways back to the topic.  

While there, we happened to sit at a table that was next to an outlet.  When we were almost done, a women with 2 or 3 kids came in.  She had what looked like a plug in battery charger and a cell phone battery.  She was looking around and came up to our table and asked if she could use the outlet.  She said she was driving with her kids and her phone was almost out of power and she didn't like not having it when the kids were with her.  Of course we said to go right ahead, it was not our outlet anyway.  She had her oldest(10-12) sit at the table next to us so he could see the charger and she went to order.  Before she finished ordering, we left and I think the boy moved to the table we had just left.

As we got back to the car, I checked my phone, it was less than halfway so I got out our car charger and plugged it in.

If you know that you might be in your car with the kids and you may not have a full charge on your phone,  why wouldn't you have a car charger?  We have 2 cars and a charger in each car.  Having one is well less than the peice of mind that comes from having one.

Do have one in your car?

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
ajdahd13
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM

No I don't have one that stays in the car, but I can bring my charger, and plug it into the car adapter, but I don't unless I'll be gone for awhile. Maybe it was a spur the moment trip for her as well. 

Shellness
by Michell on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM

It is a good thing to have but you have what you can.

DragonInfinity
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I don't have a phone car charger....my phone does not have one, didn't come with one!

Only once we surrender to the Mystery can it reveal itself to us!!!

Oceana09
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Nope. None of my outlets in my car work so it would be pointless.

NDADanceMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I really only charge in the car.  At home I like my phone in my pocket so im not chasing it around when someone calls.  In the car its right next to me as I charge it.  

NDADanceMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Quoting DragonInfinity:

I don't have a phone car charger....my phone does not have one, didn't come with one!

I dont think anyones does.  I had to buy mine separate. 

Mel0dy
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I dont have a charger in my car

DragonInfinity
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I went in to get a new phone and asked for a car charger and the guy/sales didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Finally got a manager and said that my style doesn't have one. ??? ok? I've been looking everywhere and still can't find a car charger for my phone, I think it weird......lol

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Only once we surrender to the Mystery can it reveal itself to us!!!

Bradensmommy719
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
My stereo actually has a USB port that I plug my cord into. My car is older and the stereo is newish. In hunnies work truck he bought an adapter that allows you to plug in several items at once. So all 4 workers.can charge their phones on the go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Most cords are now USB and hook into the charger. I know my new and old phone were that way.

Quoting DragonInfinity:

I went in to get a new phone and asked for a car charger and the guy/sales didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Finally got a manager and said that my style doesn't have one. ??? ok? I've been looking everywhere and still can't find a car charger for my phone, I think it weird......lol

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)