Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

First family outrageous cost of their African vacation

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Record cost between 60 and 100 million for a VACATION. Just crazy in our economic times. Oh, they they won't do a safari because that would add to the cost. Nice of them, (sarcasm)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Quoting Annsf:

George W. took 2 trips to Africa besides almost weekly vacas to Texas. Guess those don't count.

His didn't cost near what this one is.  The other most expensive was Clinton's.  Did you read the article???  Also with the sequester he shouldn't be spending a dime.  Get the sequester over with Obama.  Compromise for once in your life.  Vaca's to Texas don't cost 100 million, ROFLMAO

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Bush's vacationed at their ranch a lot too.  Obama's don't have a 2nd home, do they??? 

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Wow! I can't imagine spending that much on a vacation, lol

mrsdchastain
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Is it jealousy that people are complaining about this? He's the president.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Not jealous. I am having my own 2 week vacation paid for my ourselves.
It is wastful when the US is broke and we have this sequester. Govt employees laid off but he can spend 60 Million in 8 days.

Quoting mrsdchastain:

Is it jealousy that people are complaining about this? He's the president.

DebnDrew
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

please include the cost figures of previously 1st family vacations so we know it isn't just a rant from a bitter right wing nutjob who hates having a black first family that spends family time together.

our state legislature went into overtime for one day and it cost taxpayers more than 77,000......just for the DAY, and the reason nothing got accomplished is because the republican side shot down every agreement and basically refused to contribute.

Hello pot.....have you met my friend kettle?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM
It says Clinton spent over $40 mil. If Mickey Mouse was president it would be horrible to spend $60 mil on a vacation especially with the sequester.

Quoting DebnDrew:

please include the cost figures of previously 1st family vacations so we know it isn't just a rant from a bitter right wing nutjob who hates having a black first family that spends family time together.

our state legislature went into overtime for one day and it cost taxpayers more than 77,000......just for the DAY, and the reason nothing got accomplished is because the republican side shot down every agreement and basically refused to contribute.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM
What does a black president have to do with anything here????????

Quoting DebnDrew:

newwifenmom
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Wow

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand that the office is paid so much when we are in debt. No one needs that much money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)