Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

MY MOTHER IN LAW....AAAAHHH!!!! Total vent!

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 34 Replies
So Wednesday she gets completely pissed at me, for something that I literally had no control over and tried to explain it to her so she would calm the F down, doesn't talk to me until today and then asks me to go to the rodeo with her. UH NO I DON'T WANT TO GO ANYWERE WITH YOU! She does this all the time. She acts likes a total bitch and then like nothing happened am I'm supposed to just go with the flow. I'm sick of it and I can just hear her now taking to my husband saying " well I'll never invite her anywhere again". I know that's what she's saying because that's exactly how she is. Well GOOD! Lol.

Why do some MIL's think they can act like this and it's supposed to be ok???? Lots of times she's nice and then this, I'm so sick of it! And I have zero family of my own anywhere even remotely close. Ok I'm done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like she gets over things and you hold grudges.

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
How can I be one who holds grudges when she's ALWAYS welcome in our home no matter how she acts? I NEVER speak rudely to her in person or on the phone no matter how she's treated me prior.

Quoting EireLass:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM

You 2 had a spat, she got over it and invited you to an outing. You refuse to do anything with her.

Quoting nodramamama311:

How can I be one who holds grudges when she's ALWAYS welcome in our home no matter how she acts? I NEVER speak rudely to her in person or on the phone no matter how she's treated me prior.
Quoting EireLass:

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Well I can see how you'd gather that from the little bit of info you have on our nearly 6 year relationship as DIL/MIL. You are severely lacking on info though, completely at my fault though. If I wrote all of our history in one post it would be WAY too long. Lets just say she's done this kind of thing more than a handful of times and this is possibly the one and only time I've ever said no to her to going somewhere with her. Also I've always let it go and acted like her when she acts like nothing happened. People have their limits though, wouldn't you agree?

Quoting EireLass:

You 2 had a spat, she got over it and invited you to an outing. You refuse to do anything with her.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting EireLass:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I don't doubt that she has done this numerous times. Personality traits are long living. But again....she does this and moves on, gets over it. You are the one holding a tight grudge against normal behaviour. Don't you think it's much healthier to get over stupid spats and move forward?

People create their own limits.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Well I can see how you'd gather that from the little bit of info you have on our nearly 6 year relationship as DIL/MIL. You are severely lacking on info though, completely at my fault though. If I wrote all of our history in one post it would be WAY too long. Lets just say she's done this kind of thing more than a handful of times and this is possibly the one and only time I've ever said no to her to going somewhere with her. Also I've always let it go and acted like her when she acts like nothing happened. People have their limits though, wouldn't you agree?
Quoting EireLass:

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting EireLass:

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I see what you're saying but I just think its wrong for her to get to act like a bitch, hang up on me sometimes, say rude things about my kids and then go away for a few days then come back and act like nothing happened, no apologies ever or anything. I'm the one who lets it go every time because I don't want there to be trouble between her and my husband. It just seems unfair when all I've ever done is be good to her and her son.

Quoting EireLass:

I don't doubt that she has done this numerous times. Personality traits are long living. But again....she does this and moves on, gets over it. You are the one holding a tight grudge against normal behaviour. Don't you think it's much healthier to get over stupid spats and move forward?

People create their own limits.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting EireLass:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimlee
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM

my dad is the same way. if we get into a fight, he ignores me then randomly calls and says "hey come over, lets do a cookout" and i stare blankly like "oh we are cool again?" its frustrating and my husband always tells me to say something but it only keeps the fight going. Some people really suck at apologizing and feel its better to just forget about it. if what you fought about really hurt your feelings I would bring it up to her, but if not let it go and move on like she did.

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
That's what's so frustrating, we didn't actually fight. She got pissed because my daughter had an article about her in the paper and they printed mine and my husbands last name wrong, like the total wrong name. I didn't even do anything but I was trying to tell her to calm down because although it did irritate me a little that the article was about my daughter and the awesome thing she did, not us and our names. She couldn't see past the name thing. She takes everything personally like everyone's out to get her. So when she didn't like what I said she hung up on me. She does that kind of thing all the time and just gets awaya with it over and over again. It's beginning to wear on me.

Quoting aimlee:

my dad is the same way. if we get into a fight, he ignores me then randomly calls and says "hey come over, lets do a cookout" and i stare blankly like "oh we are cool again?" its frustrating and my husband always tells me to say something but it only keeps the fight going. Some people really suck at apologizing and feel its better to just forget about it. if what you fought about really hurt your feelings I would bring it up to her, but if not let it go and move on like she did.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimlee
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

oh wow that sounds very childish on her part. Maybe your dh should bring it up to her? she doesnt sound like she respects you very much to be hanging up on you. and congrats on your daughter being in the paper :)

Quoting nodramamama311:

That's what's so frustrating, we didn't actually fight. She got pissed because my daughter had an article about her in the paper and they printed mine and my husbands last name wrong, like the total wrong name. I didn't even do anything but I was trying to tell her to calm down because although it did irritate me a little that the article was about my daughter and the awesome thing she did, not us and our names. She couldn't see past the name thing. She takes everything personally like everyone's out to get her. So when she didn't like what I said she hung up on me. She does that kind of thing all the time and just gets awaya with it over and over again. It's beginning to wear on me.

Quoting aimlee:

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Over what you just descibed above, IMO, you need to get over it. Sounds to me like a personality issue and that's something you are not going to chamge. She didn't insult you or your family, it wasn't even about you. Some people just need to walk away and when on the phone, hanging up is the only way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN