Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

MY MOTHER IN LAW....AAAAHHH!!!! Total vent!

So Wednesday she gets completely pissed at me, for something that I literally had no control over and tried to explain it to her so she would calm the F down, doesn't talk to me until today and then asks me to go to the rodeo with her. UH NO I DON'T WANT TO GO ANYWERE WITH YOU! She does this all the time. She acts likes a total bitch and then like nothing happened am I'm supposed to just go with the flow. I'm sick of it and I can just hear her now taking to my husband saying " well I'll never invite her anywhere again". I know that's what she's saying because that's exactly how she is. Well GOOD! Lol.

Why do some MIL's think they can act like this and it's supposed to be ok???? Lots of times she's nice and then this, I'm so sick of it! And I have zero family of my own anywhere even remotely close. Ok I'm done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (31-34):
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I don't feel that's a fair statement, that I always complain. Yes I do vent about my husband and MIL sometimes but doesn't everyone need to vent sometimes? Is your life so perfect, your family so perfect that nothing ever annoys you? If you read every single one of my posts you'd know that I also often brag about my husband, and my kids. I'm always posting about how much I love my husband, how he pampered me on Mother's Day and how good my kids are. You are going to think what you want and that's fine because we don't even know each other but I just wanted to point out those facts so maybe you can get yours straight. I am not miserable but my life isn't always roses like apparently yours seems to be. Or maybe things do annoy you and you choose to not post about it here but I do sometimes, so what.

Quoting Anonymous:

EireLass, you have been in this group long enough to know that drama mama is ALWAYS complaining about her family, her MIL, her DH, their belives that are not hers all that... she is a lost cause.

if i was as misserable as she seems to be (due to her complaining) i would divorce and move on with my life.

Quoting nodramamama311:

I see what you're saying but I just think its wrong for her to get to act like a bitch, hang up on me sometimes, say rude things about my kids and then go away for a few days then come back and act like nothing happened, no apologies ever or anything. I'm the one who lets it go every time because I don't want there to be trouble between her and my husband. It just seems unfair when all I've ever done is be good to her and her son.

Quoting EireLass:

I don't doubt that she has done this numerous times. Personality traits are long living. But again....she does this and moves on, gets over it. You are the one holding a tight grudge against normal behaviour. Don't you think it's much healthier to get over stupid spats and move forward?

People create their own limits.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Well I can see how you'd gather that from the little bit of info you have on our nearly 6 year relationship as DIL/MIL. You are severely lacking on info though, completely at my fault though. If I wrote all of our history in one post it would be WAY too long. Lets just say she's done this kind of thing more than a handful of times and this is possibly the one and only time I've ever said no to her to going somewhere with her. Also I've always let it go and acted like her when she acts like nothing happened. People have their limits though, wouldn't you agree?

Quoting EireLass:

You 2 had a spat, she got over it and invited you to an outing. You refuse to do anything with her.

Quoting nodramamama311:

How can I be one who holds grudges when she's ALWAYS welcome in our home no matter how she acts? I NEVER speak rudely to her in person or on the phone no matter how she's treated me prior.

Quoting EireLass:

Sounds like she gets over things and you hold grudges.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Rodeo?  She invited you to a rodeo? Dirt, dust, nasty animal smells....She must hate you.  

Shoe shopping followed by lunch and wine..now that says "I love my daughter in law!"

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM
LOL!! We live in a very small town, there is no shoe shopping or lunches (well good ones anyway) around here. The rodeo is a pretty big deal here in the country....lol

Quoting connie45:

Rodeo?  She invited you to a rodeo? Dirt, dust, nasty animal smells....She must hate you.  

Shoe shopping followed by lunch and wine..now that says "I love my daughter in law!"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GertieK
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

LOVE a rodeo!  Love the smell of horses, and dirt, and all that country stuff. I guess it is a good thing I do, because we live on a farm.   I had a MIL who HATED me, and made no bones about it.  My family lived on the other side of the world, so I had no family close.  She had been married 11 times, was an alcoholic, and treated me like crap.  My husband and I just celebrated our 40th anniversary.  Yet, when she was at the end of her life, it was me that she asked for, and it was me that took care of her in her last days.  I tried real hard, for the kids sake, to keep my hurt feelings out of the picture.  While they were not allowed to stay with her unsupervised by one of us (and she was sober), they did grow to love her, and in her own way I believe she loved them.  I will never regret it.  She was a pitiful lost soul, but she was my husband's mama.  Just let it go.  Apology is real hard for some people, as is "talking it out".  When she gets upset, shrug your shoulder and go on.  Soon, things will be ok and in the scheme of things - this ranks way down on the bottom of the list for importance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN