Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should i get my boyfriend of 1 1/2 years a fathersday gift?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
So last night i was laying in bed and couldnt figure out if i should get my boyfriend a gift or a card for fathersday.
He is not the bio dad but sure takes better care of them than their real father.
My children do not call him dad but they love him very much. He goes to all soccer games, helps me put them to bed, interacts with them and shows my little boy how to fix things.
They have started to say i love you to him and he gives the i love you back.

Should i get a fathers day card for this special man in our lives or should i just give him a thank you card that i can personally write a little note into it? Any ideas on anything else we could do for him?
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ninjascreenname
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Uhm no, he's not your children's father.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I would, but I wouldn't tell your children about it before hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
Dear Lucy, God took one from Earth and we have one more to go! Your justice will be served by his hands! We love you and miss you! :)
Yesterday at 10:42 AM
by Mandy on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Sit down and talk to your kids first. They have a say in something like that. :) 

honeydewmommy
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Regardless of the first comment, yes you should. He DOESN'T have to be the BIO father to be the dad, he obviously  he is more of a Dad than the real fater and man enough to assume that roll and cares for both you and your children. I think it would warm his heart if you did. I think your so lucky to have him , good man you have there.

I like the card idea with the personal note in it. You could also spring a gift card for him too, or have the kids craft something for him. 

giving dad gift

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I just want to add that I would talk to him about it to see if he wants it. He might feel its too early, or just be uncomfortable with the idea. So talking to him about it before involving your kids sounds like the best idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I agree

Quoting polkaspots:

I just want to add that I would talk to him about it to see if he wants it. He might feel its too early, or just be uncomfortable with the idea. So talking to him about it before involving your kids sounds like the best idea.
KGreen75
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
No. I would just make him dinner and his fav dessert
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)