Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Mixed signals.. What would you do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I was dating this guy who broke up with me and said he needed time and wasn't ready for a relationship like he thought he was. Well he started texting me again two days ago and I have plans to go to a local theme park with some friends I work with bc they provide our company with free tickets. He ready has a season pass and asked if I wanted him to go. I said sure I mean who wants to be a third wheel right? Anyway then he asks about whether we are staying the night up there bc it is a big vacation town. I hadn't planned on it and frankly don't want to spend the extra money but told him if he wanted he could look into it and let me know. Then I started to wonder ya know why does he want to stay?

So I put myself out there and said we are just going together to the theme park as friends right? He said uh yeah I said okay just checking. I said are you wanting to stay the night up there with me or? (Bc why would you want to randomly stay the night up there... I'm not giving out mixed signals he's not getting any from me) and I can't remember his exact words but it was something like well I mean I just thought it would be fun to stay somewhere with a pool and I had planned on doing it sometime this summer and since i will be up there already. I just felt like an idiot. He doesn't want to spend time with me he just wants to go up there. Why bother calling/texting me the last few days.

If he wants to stay I'm gonna tell him he can pay for it bc I don't have extra money I want to spend on that and I'm fine with going home.

This might be confusing I'm rambling but would this be mixed signals to you? I mean do you like me and want to spend time together or are you just bored and want to get away for a weekend. He knows I like him also its not a surprise.

We are both 27 and this is a kid free weekend if that matters.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Bump
Zanny
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

It sounds to me as though he wanted to spend the night with you, in a hotel.  Then you shot him down by saying why would you want to spend the night, if we are for f as just friends.   So to save his ego & pride, he said he wanted to stay there becaus it's summer and there is a pool..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)