Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Famed Chef Nigella Lawson's Husband Shown 'Choking' Her Violently in Horrifying Photos?!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 4 Replies

Famed Chef Nigella Lawson's Husband Shown 'Choking' Her Violently in Horrifying Photos

by Sasha Brown-Worsham

Nigella LawsonA series of horrifying photos showing "The Taste" star Nigella Lawson in what appears to be a fight with her husband of 10 years, Charles Saatchi. In the photos Saatchi is seen choking Lawson as she cries, reaching across the table and poking her in the face, and eventually storming out.

Witnesses said they did not intervene (um, why?) but that it did look brutal and they were horrified. Later, she is seen crying and hailing a cab.

The photos are pretty damning evidence that something is very, very wrong in that marriage. But even worse, it is being reported that she left with a suitcase later. Ordinarily, reporting on something like this would feel like cruel gossip, but if she is being abused and no one stepped in, then it SHOULD be publicized far and wide. No one should be treated that way.

Apparently police are investigating the attack and there could be consequences for Saatchi. But it's chilling to imagine someone who thought it was perfectly acceptable to beat his wife in broad daylight like that, in PUBLIC no less.

Now maybe these photos are being misinterpreted. Maybe. But something happened and something needs to be done about it.

My heart goes out to Nigella who I came to love back in the early 2000's on her show Nigella Bites and who has always struck me as warm and wonderful. Let's hope she gets through this and gets whatever help she needs.

Do you think there is room for interpretation on these photos?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
No charges filed. She is probably staying with the loser.
mollgirl59
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

This is so disturbing to say the least.

whatmynameagain
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
No one interveined but someone tool as picture!? That is just as disturbing as the violent behavior and makes me seriously question the morals/ judgement if people now a days. What if it was and no one stepped up to help? Sick and disturbing to say the least....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2read
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Wow, the whole thing is just so messed up.

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)