Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Stars and Stripes Challenge Day 6: Take a Tour!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 50 Replies

Are you looking for things to do with your kids over summer vacation? Today's challenge is to explore the country and experience some of our nation's history!

Take a day trip or small getaway to visit historical sites, museums, or national parks. Not only will it be fun for your whole family, but it's a great way for your kids to learn new things!

travel

What are some local historical sites or national parks near you? Are you planning any vacations this summer?

Click here if you missed yesterday's challenge. If you haven't signed up for the Stars and Stripes Challenge you can do so here.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Ive been to a veterans park where they had old tanks and cannons.Driven through different states and stopped. My fav place was millacs lake in mn where I lived. It was an old Indian town.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We'll be vacationing to the beach end of July :)

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM

The Smithsonians are within a longish drive. There are other historic places in the area that we also visit.

Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM

No, vacations this summer my dh is working long hard hours. I know we have been to several museums and parks, we have a Military place with tanks and stuff about 150 miles away and about 200 there is an Airplane museum.

ChellBell2013
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

We are in sc so that would be fun to bad I am careless today

christitaylor
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I live in Oklahoma and we have a Wichita Wildlife Animal Refuge, where the buffalo, Longhorns, Orks, prairie dogs and jackrabbits roam free.  It is so beautiful!  We have had close encounters with the buffalo!

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Mt Vernon is close by. Even made a trip up to Ghettysburg to the battlefield. We went to the Smithonian's also.

Devoted2Kam
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Our town has a really tiny museum of history that's packed with information and artifacts.  We visited it very briefly as part of a school scavenger hunt and plan to spend more time there some day this summer to see everything we missed.

LadySaphira
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

We have no national parks near us but we do plan on going to a nearby state park this summer.

Manda_martin99
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
We are going to visit an old historic fort this summer, it's about 20 miles away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)