Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Stars and Stripes Challenge Day 6: Take a Tour!

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you looking for things to do with your kids over summer vacation? Today's challenge is to explore the country and experience some of our nation's history!

Take a day trip or small getaway to visit historical sites, museums, or national parks. Not only will it be fun for your whole family, but it's a great way for your kids to learn new things!

travel

What are some local historical sites or national parks near you? Are you planning any vacations this summer?

Click here if you missed yesterday's challenge. If you haven't signed up for the Stars and Stripes Challenge you can do so here.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
KamsOne
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Supposedly there's a Stonehenge (called America's Stonehenge) only about 10 minutes from where I have lived all my life and I just found out about it this month through Groupon!  So I'll be visiting that this summer.

First_Time_M12
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM

There's not much near us. We do have some sites near the square (courthouse yard.) & we don't really have money to go on vaca, but I wish!!

WesternNYmom
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I am planning on taking my kids to Old Fort Niagara for there annual French and Indian War encampment during the Fourth of July weekend. Volunteers will be there to act out the seige of 1759. There is also a craft fair, and alot of cooking, and artillary demonstrations.

blueyedbaker
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM

We are planning a vacation late August. Last year we did Washington DC. I'd like to go back when my girls are older too.

Rishel
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I take my daughter to the Vaile Mansion but that may be cheating since her Aunt and her Grandpa give tours there so she learns a lot about it, its history and the area's history.

Rishel
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM

We also frequent a few old graveyards and know a lot about their histories. Not morbid, we have family buried in them.

narumi74
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

We have been to the local historical museum in our state of NC!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM

The only thing that we have in our area is a house that was owned by one of the founding fathers of our town.

Aurorasmom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM

san diego is FULL of them and we frequent them often.

da808gypsy
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

i wanted to go to pearl harbor but decded to stay home with dh & our nb

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)