Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Stars and Stripes Challenge Day 6: Take a Tour!

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you looking for things to do with your kids over summer vacation? Today's challenge is to explore the country and experience some of our nation's history!

Take a day trip or small getaway to visit historical sites, museums, or national parks. Not only will it be fun for your whole family, but it's a great way for your kids to learn new things!

travel

What are some local historical sites or national parks near you? Are you planning any vacations this summer?

Click here if you missed yesterday's challenge. If you haven't signed up for the Stars and Stripes Challenge you can do so here.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
Wish2Be
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I would love to go to St. Augustine...its only about 3 hours away.

Wish2Be
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I have been to several historical sites in Germany...I was born and raised there ! I have been to over a dozen castles ! Unfortunately since I am in the USA they are no longer near me. :(

Bob192
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM

We will go see the Alamo in San Antonio, TX.

Rushn311
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM

When we were in Springfield for my daughter's bowling tourney we visited the famous Lincoln sites.

Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM

We love national parks.

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I'm near Philadelphia, so there is tons of historic stuff in the area.

arpazia
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I'm not sure, we are new to the area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM

we have Fort Vancouver here. we went as a field trip in elementary school. i think my son would like it, we need to take him some time.

GwenMB
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:09 AM

We are getting to the end of our long road trip. We've gone to Gettysburg, NYC, Philadelphia, a national park where the revolutionary army spent a couple winters, WWII memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial,  going to Mount Vernon today, may stop at Lincoln sites on the way home. Plus, we got quality time w DH's family along the way.

GwenMB
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:11 AM

We live near Walnut Grove, we'll have to go there sometime soon, esp since ds discovered he likes the Little House books on this trip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN