Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

He's fat and she's thin, he's gorgeous and she's ugly... do you judge?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you judge couples where one is pretty and the other isn't, or where one is very heavy and the other thin?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Replies (91-92):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:04 AM

The question was ... 'do you judge', not whether you look at someone and decide if they are or are not attractive.  I don't judge anyone, for any reason, when I don't know anything about them; & for the most part I don't judge them even if I do know them.  It's not my place to judge them.  As for looking at them and deciding if they are, or aren't, attractive ... sure it sometimes does cross my thoughts that this person, or that person, may (or may not) be physically attractive.  But again, I don't even do that unless they really 'stick out like a sore thumb' and that's generally because of the way they dress or act.  To me, how a person looks has never been a big issue of importance.  And I know a lot of people like me.  It has more to do with how you are brought up, than what society has ingrained in us.  If I caved in to the stuff society tries to ingrain in me I'd be in a lot of trouble!!!

Quoting MommyMartinie:

You may not judge what kind of person they are, but I'm sure you look at them and decide whether or not they are attractive. It's a subconcious action, we all do it because society has ingrained it in our brains that it matters what someone looks like. 

Quoting dingysfamily:

Excuse me, so you are calling me a liar?  That's a bit of a bold thing to do when you have no clue ... there are tons of people in this world like me that don't judge based on looks.

Quoting MommyMartinie:

This. And also, everyone who says they don't is lying.

Quoting gigis1:

Of course, but I'm not gonna be an ass and say it out loud

OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I don't judge people on personal appearance, we are all born with what we have and we have to make the best of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN