Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Stars and Stripes Challenge Day 7: Make Patriotic Treats!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM
  • 52 Replies

Whether you are bringing a dessert to a summer BBQ or baking cupcakes for fun, make your sweet treats extra special by adding a patriotic flare. Today challenge is to make patriotic desserts!  Share them with your family and friends or bring some to share with your local VFW.

Here are some patriotic dessert ideas:

• Star Spangled Cupcakes- You can keep it simple by adding red, white, and blue sprinkles to regular cupcakes or you can do a little extra and use food coloring to tint the cake or the icing.

• Flag Cake- Bake a cake in a rectangle pan, use white icing, make stripes out of strawberries, and stars from blueberries.

• Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches- Buy regular ice cream sandwiches from the store, dip the end in chocolate, and dip the chocolate end into red white and blue sprinkles.

• Red, White, and Blue Strawberries- These are so simple and tasty! Lower two thirds of the strawberries into melted white chocolate.  Then, dip the lower third of the strawberries in the blue sugar or sprinkles.

baking

Do you like to bake? Do you get your kids involved when you're making something in the kitchen? What other patriotic desserts can you think of?

Click here if you missed yesterday's challenge. If you haven't signed up for the Stars and Stripes Challenge you can do so here.

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happydays62
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I have always try to get my childern involed in helping me with my baking when they where younger childern . They always enjoyed it when they where younger. But , as they got older they each bake alittle  less .  But, do like to bake when they want to.

Manda_martin99
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I love to bake. My daughter is too young. I once made a loaf of bread with a flag on the side for a school project. I used food coloring and a stencil.
Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Yes, I do bake and I do have my kids and grandkids help whenever possible. Here's a Pretty cake

Post image for Firecracker Bundt Cake – An Explosive Red, White and Blue Dessert

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Lots of jello :)

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM

These are such fun ideas! Thank you. I've had the flag cake before. It seems so simple just to put sprinkles on cupcakes.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

This is a beautiful cake!

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Yes, I do bake and I do have my kids and grandkids help whenever possible. Here's a Pretty cake

Post image for Firecracker Bundt Cake – An Explosive Red, White and Blue Dessert

JenE1098
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I've never made a patriotic dessert but I love the idea of the ice cream sandwich dippe din chocolate then dippedin sprinkles!  I do love to bake and cook desserts/snacks.  My kids always want to help!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I love to bake! We make a cake that looks like a flag

ChellBell2013
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Made red white and blue brownie snacks got the recipe from pintrest they were yummy

DissieDothe
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I bake sugar cookies with red/white/blue sprinkles. The kids sprinkle them ... yes, a little patriotic assembly line.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)