Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

"I bet you don't even remember what life was like before her!"

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

A relative said this to me today. My daughter was born on April 30, so she's 1 1/2 months old. She is my little angel and I adore her. But what my relative said seemed so strange to me, like I was really supposed to forget everything over a period of a month and a half. Maybe it's not supposed to be taken literally?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Haven't you heard that phrase before??? People say it all the time. It is not meant to be rude or an insult. How old are you??
KayceeKC
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Nineteen. I didn't consider it rude or an insult. Just a bit odd. That's why I'm asking if maybe I took it too literally or something. Why the taken offense?

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I dont think she was being rude when u become a mom you are wrapped up with being busy and busting with love with a new baby congrats and like I said I dont think she was trying to say any thing by this comment !

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I always say your life will never be the same. You look at things through your childs eyes and take on a whole new outlook on life.its a girl Congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM
It is because you are 19 and don't know this is a normal phrase. My youngest is 19.

Quoting KayceeKC:

Nineteen. I didn't consider it rude or an insult. Just a bit odd. That's why I'm asking if maybe I took it too literally or something. Why the taken offense?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM
People say it all the time. Not meant to be taken as an insult or anything.
wickedstepjenn
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM
It just is a way of saying that babys take up a lot of time. So much so in the beginning all your able to do is baby things. No time for yourself. Its kinda saying they understand the energy infants take. ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN