Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

CO's and times

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

My ex texts me and asks if he can keep our son until 9pm tomorrow I told him no that it is a little too late. He got mad at me and started swearing on texts. I told him I am going to start saving his texts and file in court. My opinion is 9 is a little late for a 6 year old. I don't even keep my son out that late. Usually I don't keep him out past 7pm.

My son is the type if he is out late he will not go to bed and he will be awake all night. I told my ex the most I could do was let him keep him until 7 and he said that isn't good enough. I am trying to really try to get along but he is making it hard. So what should I do? 

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stephd710
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM

What's his reason for keeping him later?  Are they going to a special event?  Its the summer and he's not in school (right?) so I dont feel like it would be a huge issue for him to be up later.  I would probably just go ahead and let him keep him a little later unless it starts happening all the time.  

1plustwinsmommy
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Was he going to a special event? 9:00 is not horrible in my opinion to happen on special occasions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM
9 in the summers for a 6 year old is not late.
YOROSSI
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Maybe try the middle ground 8??? Good Luck sharing custody sux in every way...

AAP1988
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I told him return him at 7 or if he wants to keep him until 9 he needs to keep him over night. 

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
What the hell? 9 o'clock is late? See this is what gets me, you have a man who wants to spend more time with his child and you are bitching about it, yet if it was reversed and he wasn't spending time with him you'd be having a cow about that too. You need to grow up and let the man have two extra hours. It's summer and that child will never get that time back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AAP1988
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM

So your telling me I should have no problem with staying up until 1am? 

Quoting marchantmom06:

What the hell? 9 o'clock is late? See this is what gets me, you have a man who wants to spend more time with his child and you are bitching about it, yet if it was reversed and he wasn't spending time with him you'd be having a cow about that too. You need to grow up and let the man have two extra hours. It's summer and that child will never get that time back.

Kooza
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Ouch.  Not every mom who shares custody is on a rampage.  She knows how her kid is and if she told him if he keeps him till 9 he should keep him all night long, I think that's really fair.

AAP1988
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Exactly I think it is fair too. Like I said I would not care if he wanted to see our son seven days a week see him whenever  you want as long as he is back for 7 or keep him over night I think that is being more than flexible. 

Quoting Kooza:

Ouch.  Not every mom who shares custody is on a rampage.  She knows how her kid is and if she told him if he keeps him till 9 he should keep him all night long, I think that's really fair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)