Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why?!?!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I want to know why I cant have fun with my children!!!!  They are 4 and 2 and both girls.  We just moved, and they are constantly fighting (this was happening before we moved).  Story of my life - everyday I plan something fun.  I thought today we would go to this really big park that is near us to get them out of the house to stop fighting for a little while.. What happens - they ACT UP get in trouble and I have to CANCEL THE FUN.  Seriously !!  I just want to enjoy my children and have fun with them and let them have fun, but they ALWAYS end up misbehaving.  I dont think that they should be rewarded with a fun activity when they misbehave, I think they should have to earn it.  WHAT CAN I DO??  I also think that part of the misbehavior and fighting  is because we don't go anywhere very often because they are misbehaving.  Any ideas?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

anyone?  Please!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM

BUMP!

lalalamama
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
4 and 2, those were the tough years for me.... I can relate. My sons would squabble and whine all the time. They shared a room and I got so fed up I separated them. Well! That cured my problem! They missed sleeping together so much that it became the reward for not fighting LOL
hunnybunny2001
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Just my opinion but maybe just take them anyways give them something to do.. they need to go play maybe getting out and about might change there attitudes. Are they stuck in a house all day with each other? But what are they doing? Trying to kill each other? Skinning the cat?
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Hi doll  Children can drive u crazy you dont sound like you would  spank your girls but maybe they need one sorry to show mommy is the boss ! 

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Reward them for being good  put them in time out when they are bad if you dont spank - As a parnet I dont know what kind u are to give you the right ideas that would work for your family my kids were hardly ever spanked but they knew when I was not playing around and to knock it off even at 2 and 4 good luck doll!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM

They are trying to kill each other. I have seen my 4 year old choking my 2 year old and separated them.  They scratch the crud out of each other - leaving marks on their faces and back and arms and legs.  Try to gouge each others eyes out etc.  We have a park at the end our our road and they go there in the mmorning and play outside.  We just moved so right now we are in more than out because I need to unpack so I can at least cook and give them a bath - I cant find their soaps and such.  They used to be able to just go outside where we used to live - in them iddle of nowhere, and now I have to go with them. 

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

Just my opinion but maybe just take them anyways give them something to do.. they need to go play maybe getting out and about might change there attitudes. Are they stuck in a house all day with each other? But what are they doing? Trying to kill each other? Skinning the cat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I do spank - doesnt work,  they cry and then go back to what they were doing - misbehaving. 

Quoting nurse1997:

Hi doll  Children can drive u crazy you dont sound like you would  spank your girls but maybe they need one sorry to show mommy is the boss ! 

hunnybunny2001
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Oh no physically hurting each other like that would be a butt whooping in my house.. man I feel for ya.. hopefully you can find something that works.. do they share a room? Maybe seperate them for a period of time?? So they do not fight like that..

Quoting Anonymous:

They are trying to kill each other. I have seen my 4 year old choking my 2 year old and separated them.  They scratch the crud out of each other - leaving marks on their faces and back and arms and legs.  Try to gouge each others eyes out etc.  We have a park at the end our our road and they go there in the mmorning and play outside.  We just moved so right now we are in more than out because I need to unpack so I can at least cook and give them a bath - I cant find their soaps and such.  They used to be able to just go outside where we used to live - in them iddle of nowhere, and now I have to go with them. 

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Then the next step take away toys they like for a half a day - Maybe reward them for the day if they are good they get to have a icecream or a peice of candy - If u have a library or a family video they let u rent free kid movies  and they are good u will go pick out a new kid movie in the evening - How about a sticker chart they are still very little the two year is still a little young to under stand  but the 4 year old  shes old enough

Quoting Anonymous:

I do spank - doesnt work,  they cry and then go back to what they were doing - misbehaving. 

Quoting nurse1997:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)