Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Could you deliver a baby?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

If your pregnant friend went into labor and it was no way of getting her to a hospital could you deliver her baby or would you freak out?

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I have before, in an emergent situation in the ER of a hospital that didn't have an OB/L&D.
MillieJ
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I think I could :)

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Yes.I know what is suppose to be done.In fact,I wanted to be a midwife.Would LOVE to deliver babies :)

GertieK
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Yes.  Of course, I AM a midwife.  Births that happen that fast generally have little time for something to go wrong.  Just make sure the baby doesn't hit the floor, and allow him/her to nurse asap.  The body really does do well all on its own!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I am a medical assistant so I hope I could. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

KimmieLu
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I could if the mom could. If she started flipping out, Id probably have to lovingly give my BFF a slap to the face and tell her to get her mess together and just do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I could. It's not like giving birth is an unnatural thing that requires lots of high-tech instruments. Lots of women have their babies at home and some of them unnassisted. It's a matter of trusting your body. I had my four children at home with my husband and a midwife. I find the midwife career to be very fasinating and think it would be a great job.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I could probably do it, but just barely. I'm not very good with high stress situations, pain or blood. So I would know what to do and how to do it, but I might pass out while doing so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Yes. My end goal is to be a midwife, and I study everything I can get my hands in. My best friend had a really quick labor, and I was fully prepared to help her deliver if the midwife couldn't get there in time. The midwife made it, about half hour before baby was born. The parents showed up in time to catch lol
newwifenmom
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM

So I've witnesses a couple births and that being said, I'm not sure I could. The 1st time I blacked out, the second time I got lightheaded and sat down so I wouldn't black out. I'd like to be there for my friend though so I'm thinking if it came down to it I'd just force myself to pull it together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)