Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do your kids friends call you Mrs?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 49 Replies

What do your kids friends call you?  I prefer they call me Claire but I know some moms prefer to be called Mrs.  What do they call you?

Claire Mom of two teens and one tween.in love

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Usually, Sid's mom or Tabby's mom, lol, but sometimes Miss Stephanie. I almost never get Mrs.

CometGirl
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Since I work at the school most of the kids know me as Miss First Name so that is what they call me.

momof3jam
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM

My neighbors son calls me Mrs. I find it awkward, but his mom wants him to address anyone older that way, so I go with it.

Everyone else calls me by my name, or J's mom. lol

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I am from the south where children are taught to be respectul to adults.  My children referred to my friends as Miss _____.  My friends children called me Miss______.   You may find it awkward, but here, we call it respectful.  When I see those kids today, they still call me Miss______ until I tell them to call me by my first name.  (those who I was particularly close to call me Momma __________.

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM

My 9 year old has had the same BFF since Pre-K, so, she calls me Alice.

But, their classmates call me Mrs.  Whether it's at school or at the store.  

MommyToBe0001
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Mrs Lol
liels898
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I'm Hawaiian so most of my friend's children that I'm close with call me Auntie. Same goes for my girl, she calls most of my friends Auntie or Auntie _______ (first name) if she's saying hi or something to them. And older guys are Uncle. If a child doesn't know me well, then yeah, sometimes they'll say Miss but always with my first name, not my last. But that kinda goes with how Hawaiian children are taught that we're all family. So it's just a different type of showing that respect/love. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Depends on the kid and how good friends they are with my dd's.
romalove
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the kid.  The closest friends call me by my first name, and a couple of them just call me mom.  The rest of them call me Mrs. ____ even if I have told them call me by my first name.  Whatever makes them comfortable is fine with me.

bhow
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Many of them call me mom now.  When they were younger they called me Mrs but as they got closer to me it just went to mom.  I don't mind either.  If I could keep them all with me where I know they will be feed and wanted "around" I would but that's not going to happen.  They all eventually ask to go home.  So many of them don't even call to check in or have parents that call here to check on them.  They just know we will take care of them and leave them with us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)