Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coccydinia (tail bone pain after birth) HELP!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

I had my son 20 months ago and still have EXCRUCCIATING pain in my tail bone when sitting for periods of time. Even just for a short while on a hard surface! I know it is VERY common in ladies who have given brth especially with babies with larger heads. Does any one have any remedies or pain mangement?  Right now I take 3 Ibuprofines and that helps ALOT, but I just want it to go away PERIOD! 

The ONLY cures for this is:

A: Removing the coccyx 

OR

B: Cortizone shots or other medications for pain relief

I dont want to do either of those.....

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I don't know about the tail bone pain, but I've had chronic back pain ever since I gave birth 11 months ago. It turns out I have arthritis in my spine, and a compressed nerve. The doctors say the pregnancy triggered it. I've had two cortisone injections and both failed. Now I'm getting a procedure to kill the nerve endings that are causing me pain.

The only advice I can give is to see a doctor and find out what your options are. You don't want to ignore pain.
doostica
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Thank you!! It  SO painful at times where I whince especially getting up from sitting!  Good luck on your procedure and I hope you pain goes away!!

The things we put our bodies through for the best gift in the world huh? This is the stuff they dont tell you when you are pregnant! 

Quoting merryvoice:

I don't know about the tail bone pain, but I've had chronic back pain ever since I gave birth 11 months ago. It turns out I have arthritis in my spine, and a compressed nerve. The doctors say the pregnancy triggered it. I've had two cortisone injections and both failed. Now I'm getting a procedure to kill the nerve endings that are causing me pain.

The only advice I can give is to see a doctor and find out what your options are. You don't want to ignore pain.

Stephd710
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Have you gone to a chiropractor?  They might have less invasive options for you.  My whole body was out of whack after I had my twins and I didnt even labor, I had a c section.  Just carrying babies can make you all crooked.  I went a couple times after they were born to get all straightened out again.  

merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM
No kidding! Apparently it's pretty common, but I never heard of it until I got it.

I wish you the best of luck.

Quoting doostica:

Thank you!! It  SO painful at times where I whince especially getting up from sitting!  Good luck on your procedure and I hope you pain goes away!!

The things we put our bodies through for the best gift in the world huh? This is the stuff they dont tell you when you are pregnant! 

Quoting merryvoice:

Momofmenagerie
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:15 AM
A donut doesn't help? It's was likely broken during birth and as much as we uh " use it" it may take much longer to heal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)