Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Did Paula Deen even plan to apologize?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

At the beginning of the interview she said she was there to tell us who she is and how she wasn't what the public portrayed.

Who said she was there to apologize?

Did we all assume?

What did you think of the interview?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
8 moms liked this
I love her. People do things years ago they regret. Everyone does. Would it have been better to lie? No. Glad she has a lot of support.
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
9 moms liked this
Please tell me why she was even suppose to apologize?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
12 moms liked this

I think she's in the middle of an unfair witch hunt. I don't particularly care for her, but I don't think she's some evil racist who deserves all this flack she's getting. We've all said and done stupid things in the past and she said she was sorry for that, which should be enough. They're giving her more grief over her comments than they did the A&F CEO for his sizist remarks, and he's not sorry.

mustbeGRACE
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
9 moms liked this

Get the hell over it already.

Obama sucks.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I did not watch it.
GertieK
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM
7 moms liked this

Bless her heart.  I challenge anyone who has not said something in their lives that they regretted, and actually did not mean.  The woman campaigned for and voted for BHO.  This was something someone dredged up from years ago.  While I am not a huge fan of her personality, I love her recipes.  I actually liked who she was earlier in her carreer.  I think about all the horible things public figures have said about white people REPEATEDLY, and no one pays a bit of attention to them.  This is just another example of one-sided PC being taken too far. 

MomTiara19
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM
13 moms liked this

Its easy to defend someone you can relate to and agree with in terms of being a racist yourself.When you have never been on the receiving end of being black or being called the "n" word..its easy to brush off....does the pain pertain to you?To white people it is just a casual word used by proud white supremacist who say the "n" word openly....and cowardly white supremacist that pretend to like blacks and hide like Paula.

Black people did not fire Paula Deen....she got herself fired for the racist...ooops....slip of the tongue.The foodnetwork is a business like any other.Sorry racist people....racism is bad for business....the network wants no part of it.

And why does Obama get dragged into everything that has nothing to do with him?And FYI....Obama is half white....not that you can wrap your mind around mixing races.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I like her. Why is everyone so unforgiving to her?Listen to rap songs and hear what they say.Yet people buy the cds and listen to the music. Damn she said she was sorry. We have had presidents do worse and yet they are forgiven? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Why are you being so nasty?

As my grandma would say, "Speak nicely."

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Get the hell over it already.

Obama sucks.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I did not watch. 

I truly don't know if her initial intention was to apologize.  However, I think people need to get over it already.  It was more than just about the use of a deragatory term.  The Food Network is ultimately a business and keeping her on board is bad for business - they do not want to be associated with the bad publicity and even an inkling of a person who is racist and treats employees poorly and condones that kind of behavior.  SHE ultimately got herself fired from Food Network and from her other sponsorship deals - it was a business decision that I'm sure most business people would've made.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN