Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I refuse to celebrate the baby of a 14yo!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 909 Replies
12 moms liked this

A friend's 14yo is pregnant and the friend is throwing a way over the top baby shower for her, celebrating her first grandchild as if there's nothing horribly wrong with the fact that the baby's mama is only 14. I care for my friend and her daughter and hope things go well, but I can't in good conscience attend a party to celebrate this event.

Would you throw a shower for your 14yo? Would you attend a shower thrown for a 14yo?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BCauseImAwesome
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
5 moms liked this

A friends 14yo, probably not. Family, yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
15 moms liked this

No, I wouldnt throw a 14 year old a baby shower, and I wouldnt go... but I might buy a small gift for the girl/baby!!

amynlee
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM
89 moms liked this

Yes I would! Praise her for not getting an abortion! Idc when my kids get pregnant, I will do everything I can to help them and make it known that I'm there for them..I want an open relationship with my children and let em know they can tell me anything! I wouldn't encourage sex before marriage but hell kids are going to be kids

vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM
178 moms liked this

A baby shower is to help the parents get things they need for the baby and I'm sure at 14 she probably needs a lot of help. The age of the mother really shouldn't matter. The baby is already on the way whether you approve or not.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
52 moms liked this
Yes I would. Being a young mom myself, not THAT young tho, is hard. That poor girl found herself in an unfortunate situation. Nothing can be done now, seems like her mom is just trying to make the best of it.
mommyoflittles
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
7 moms liked this

14? wow so young. she needs support if she plans to parent. if you dont like it then dont go

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes and yes I would go

grammarpolice
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM
48 moms liked this

I think the over the top shower is inappropriate, in poor taste and sending the wrong message. A low-key, small shower would be fine. As the mother, I'd be thrift shopping & scouting Craigslist & yard sales for most of the items the daughter will need.

grammarpolice
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM
17 moms liked this

Quoting amynlee:

Yes I would! Praise her for not getting an abortion! Idc when my kids get pregnant, I will do everything I can to help them and make it known that I'm there for them..I want an open relationship with my children and let em know they can tell me anything! I wouldn't encourage sex before marriage but hell kids are going to be kids

Wow...

ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by Casey on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM
14 moms liked this
No. I think the entire situation is in poor taste. I wouldn't even buy so much as a pack of diapers. That's disgusting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN