Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I refuse to celebrate the baby of a 14yo!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A friend's 14yo is pregnant and the friend is throwing a way over the top baby shower for her, celebrating her first grandchild as if there's nothing horribly wrong with the fact that the baby's mama is only 14. I care for my friend and her daughter and hope things go well, but I can't in good conscience attend a party to celebrate this event.

Would you throw a shower for your 14yo? Would you attend a shower thrown for a 14yo?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Replies (901-909):
Carmalita28
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I can see where you are coming from but the at the end of the day the 14 yr old is still becoming a mom. No matter how she got in the situation or how old she is she still deserves to celebrate the new life coming into this world. Would we not celebrate a rape victim's child just because the child was not expected? The baby did nothing "wrong".
michelle623
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Yes, I would buy something. It's not the baby's fault!

MommaRose3
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Absolutely! Whats done is done and they need all the love & support they can get!
JaeSung
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I know this reply is super late. But was just reading through. Can't believe the negativity of some of the replies.

I know nothing of any pill that works up to 22 weeks. By that point it would have to be a d&c.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would not let my daughter get to that point as a 14yo. There are pills today that help them abort the baby up to 22 weeks and they pass it normally. I know abortion is not good but honestly we do not need more kids dropping out of school, the baby's suffering, and more on welfare. NO I would not celebrate because you are just saying that it is ok. There are so many people out there who are not able to conceive that could provide for the baby and give it a good home and still allow you to have contact. For a 14yr old the baby is a toy.

Starlit_Eyes
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:22 PM

This. It doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy about it. Hell, I'ld probably have heart attack! lol. But I would rather celebrate a new life than punish her for making the difficult desicion on whether to keep it or get an abortion.

Quoting amynlee:

Yes I would! Praise her for not getting an abortion! Idc when my kids get pregnant, I will do everything I can to help them and make it known that I'm there for them..I want an open relationship with my children and let em know they can tell me anything! I wouldn't encourage sex before marriage but hell kids are going to be kids

VinVanMom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Give her a sponge and spermicide as a present. 

karrahM
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I would not go. I agree that it is beyond inappropriate. This is not a reason to celebrate, but I would privately give a gift.

lissadavis
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Depends on the 14 year old.  Be supportive if she is a strong enough person both her and her child can still live good lives.

KJST1982
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM
I wouldn't attend, wouldn't give a gift. I'd politely say "aww" when shown a picture, but that's it. I don't support or condone teen pregnancy. My daughter would have hell to pay if she got pregnant at 14. I wouldn't help her. No shower. Wouldn't watch the baby. Nothing. You wanna play adult, figure it out on your own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)