Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should Students Be Required to Take Drug Tests?

Posted by   + Show Post

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Why sports and not choir?

Quoting katielovesyou21:

i had to for choir in high school. i thought that was a little stupid. now if they are on a sports team sure. AS for college sports teams and medical majors

katielovesyou21
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM

because drugs do not make you better at singing lol. no but really they said it was an a sport at our school and that always made me laugh

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

i had to for choir in high school. i thought that was a little stupid. now if they are on a sports team sure. AS for college sports teams and medical majors

TimetoMomUp
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

No.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM

You're not answering my question. Why do you think it's good to test for sports but not choir? Wouldn't you want all kids to try and be drug-free?

Quoting katielovesyou21:

because drugs do not make you better at singing lol. no but really they said it was an a sport at our school and that always made me laugh

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

Queen_Bree
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Maybe because a person who is on drugs could gain easy access to medications which could be used or sold. And could put lives at risk if they are under the influence. Most health care majors require and internship of some sort where live people are in their care.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I don't think students should be tested for drugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Random drug tests at a lot of high schools around here. All for it. Don't have anything to hide, why not test.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Choir members could gain easy access to medications as well.....hence my question: Why sports and not choir?

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Maybe because a person who is on drugs could gain easy access to medications which could be used or sold. And could put lives at risk if they are under the influence. Most health care majors require and internship of some sort where live people are in their care.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

Queen_Bree
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM

They could not gain easy access to drugs through singing or handling sheet music but med students could easily access drugs while learning. Any student can get drugs from one another but students that deal directly with drugs and medications should be monitored very closely. Singing in a choir does not put the life of another in danger directly at someone elses hand in life or death.

Quoting EireLass:

Choir members could gain easy access to medications as well.....hence my question: Why sports and not choir?

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

kidlover2
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Because students who play sports are more likely to take steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. Choir students... Not so much.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN