Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should Students Be Required to Take Drug Tests?

Posted by   + Show Post

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
kidlover2
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Because all poor-ish people do drugs? Or we the tax payers enjoy throwing more money at them?
* edit. And why are you throwing scholarships and financial aid in the same sentence? They are completely separate entities.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think if they are receiving financial aide or scholarships they should.

corib4687
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Because we have access to certain medications through clinical rotations and such. 

And I say that because I'm a nursing student....I would want to know if I was a patient that they were tested as employees are. 

Quoting EireLass:

Why do you specify 'healthcare major'?

Quoting corib4687:

Then no.

Without some type of probable cause...or unless they are healthcare majors...I don't think there is a reason.
Quoting KymberleeAnn:

All of them and both.

Quoting corib4687:

What type of students? High school? College? Certain majors?Why? Randomly or when warranted? Too vague for an answer

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:32 AM

It's my opinion. Get Over it!

Quoting kidlover2:

Because all poor-ish people do drugs? Or we the tax payers enjoy throwing more money at them?
* edit. And why are you throwing scholarships and financial aid in the same sentence? They are completely separate entities.

Quoting Anonymous:

kidlover2
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Ahhh... The "I'm allowed to be a moron" approach. Fair enough. Carry on.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's my opinion. Get Over it!

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Anonymous:

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM

No. I think stuff like that is private and it is no ones buisness.

The money that would get pissed out the window for each and every student every year. Thats insane. And a huge waste of money.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Choir students don't smoke MJ?

Quoting kidlover2:

Because students who play sports are more likely to take steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. Choir students... Not so much.
Quoting EireLass:

Choir members could gain easy access to medications as well.....hence my question: Why sports and not choir?

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Maybe because a person who is on drugs could gain easy access to medications which could be used or sold. And could put lives at risk if they are under the influence. Most health care majors require and internship of some sort where live people are in their care.

Quoting EireLass:

Why sports and not choir?

Quoting katielovesyou21:

i had to for choir in high school. i thought that was a little stupid. now if they are on a sports team sure. AS for college sports teams and medical majors 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I see alot of naive women in here. Mothers. I don't think is serves your family well to stay this naive. Seems you think only sports minded students or medically minded students are using drugs. ALL students are at risk to use, simply by it being there. It is easily available to ALL students.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM

You made some good points in this reply as far as drugs being readily available to any and all students who want them sadly but so very true.

Quoting EireLass:

I see alot of naive women in here. Mothers. I don't think is serves your family well to stay this naive. Seems you think only sports minded students or medically minded students are using drugs. ALL students are at risk to use, simply by it being there. It is easily available to ALL students.

amynlee
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Elementary no ...middle school yes...high school yes...sports definitely because I feel that al or of students look up to the athletes and if they ain't doing drugs maybe others will follow? Not sure..just a thought maybe drug test all extracurricular activity students especially in high school like art club drama club etc.. Again the role model thing :) cost alot of money but then hopefully they will stay away from drugs and eventually save America money because extra health costs from drug related care 

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds pretty smart to me:)

Quoting amynlee:

Elementary no ...middle school yes...high school yes...sports definitely because I feel that al or of students look up to the athletes and if they ain't doing drugs maybe others will follow? Not sure..just a thought maybe drug test all extracurricular activity students especially in high school like art club drama club etc.. Again the role model thing :) cost alot of money but then hopefully they will stay away from drugs and eventually save America money because extra health costs from drug related care 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)