Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should Students Be Required to Take Drug Tests?

Posted by   + Show Post

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
kidlover2
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
How much money are you willing to invest in these drug tests? I would rather test the high risk kids who are willing to take anything for a college scholarship regardless of health risks than a chess club smoker. How many high school choir members are dying of heart attacks on the auditorium floor?

Quoting EireLass:

Choir students don't smoke MJ?

Quoting kidlover2:

Because students who play sports are more likely to take steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. Choir students... Not so much.

Quoting EireLass:

Choir members could gain easy access to medications as well.....hence my question: Why sports and not choir?

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Maybe because a person who is on drugs could gain easy access to medications which could be used or sold. And could put lives at risk if they are under the influence. Most health care majors require and internship of some sort where live people are in their care.

Quoting EireLass:

Why sports and not choir?

Quoting katielovesyou21:

i had to for choir in high school. i thought that was a little stupid. now if they are on a sports team sure. AS for college sports teams and medical majors 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I'm not willing to invest anything in the testing. I'm against drug testing. How many baseball players in high school have died of heart attacks? How many girls soccer players have died of heart attacks? How about the archery team? Cheerleaders?

Quoting kidlover2:

How much money are you willing to invest in these drug tests?  I would rather test the high risk kids who are willing to take anything for a college scholarship regardless of health risks than a chess club smoker. How many high school choir members are dying of heart attacks on the auditorium floor?
Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Because students who play sports are more likely to take steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. Choir students... Not so much.
Quoting EireLass:

Choir members could gain easy access to medications as well.....hence my question: Why sports and not choir?

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Maybe because a person who is on drugs could gain easy access to medications which could be used or sold. And could put lives at risk if they are under the influence. Most health care majors require and internship of some sort where live people are in their care.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

i had to for choir in high school. i thought that was a little stupid. now if they are on a sports team sure. AS for college sports teams and medical majors

kidlover2
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Do your own research.

Quoting EireLass:

I'm not willing to invest anything in the testing. I'm against drug testing. How many baseball players in high school have died of heart attacks? How many girls soccer players have died of heart attacks? How about the archery team? Cheerleaders?

Quoting kidlover2:

How much money are you willing to invest in these drug tests?  I would rather test the high risk kids who are willing to take anything for a college scholarship regardless of health risks than a chess club smoker. How many high school choir members are dying of heart attacks on the auditorium floor?

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything. You know what that means.

Schools are for educating, not policing.

Quoting kidlover2:

Do your own research.
Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

kidlover2
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I agree. I don't want to drug test anyone. That's a private company's job to do.

Quoting EireLass:

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything. You know what that means.

Schools are for educating, not policing.

Quoting kidlover2:

Do your own research.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Your confusing. Your previous posts appear to say you think certain groups of students should be tested as you feel they are at a higher risk. Now you don't want to drug test anyone. ???

Quoting kidlover2:

I agree. I don't want to drug test anyone. That's a private company's job to do.
Quoting EireLass:

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything. You know what that means.Schools are for educating, not policing.

Quoting kidlover2:

Do your own research.
Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

kidlover2
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM
You said why sports and not choir. I was giving you a reason why. I don't favor drug testing anyone.

Quoting EireLass:

Your confusing. Your previous posts appear to say you think certain groups of students should be tested as you feel they are at a higher risk. Now you don't want to drug test anyone. ???

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything. You know what that means.Schools are for educating, not policing.

Quoting kidlover2:

Do your own research.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Yes, I think they should especially if they are active in any after school activiities including sports. If they are showing signs in school that they are under some type of chemical influence. The school should bring it up to the parents attention, but if the parent refuses to get their child help. They school should have the right to use other means to find out if the student is using drugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Our choir has a ton of drinkers. More than in football probably. Everyone in choir, clubs and sports can be randomly tested for alcohol or drugs.

Quoting kidlover2:

You said why sports and not choir. I was giving you a reason why. I don't favor drug testing anyone.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Do your own research.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting katielovesyou21:

MommyKir
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I would like to know if my kids were doing drugs.... so yes but I feel like as a parent you can not allow it for your own child... I think it should be a choice to opt out.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)