Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Alec Baldwin vs Paula Deen Where is the fairness here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Whats the difference in these two? One said racial slurs, one say's homophobic slurs.

One told the truth about it under oath. One appears to be able to lie more easily and remove his twitter account to hide it.

Why is one worse than the other.

For those of you mad about Paula Deen, are you mad about Alec Baldwin?

Is this a male can do it, a female can't thing?

Are homphobic slurs less shameful than racial slurs?

Should Capital One drop Alec Baldwin?

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I hate Alec. Liberal asshole.
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM

THEY ARE JUST WORDS PEOPLE  NEED TO GROW UP AND GET A BACK BONE !!!

HILLBILLIE052
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Alex Baldwin can/t keep his mouth shut. On the otherhand, if he apologizes for his slurs and stays out of trouble, i think he should beforgiven.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Quoting HILLBILLIE052:

Alex Baldwin can/t keep his mouth shut. On the otherhand, if he apologizes for his slurs and stays out of trouble, i think he should beforgiven.

Do you think we should keep allowing this? He has shown quite a bit of anger through out the years.

IE his phone call to his daughter, etc.

What makes it ok for him and not for say Paula Deen?

Shouldn't all be punished the same?

KimmieLu
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I totally agree. Celebrities say stupid crap all the time. Why is Paula Deen getting punished hard and heavy when other stuff gets swept under the rug?
brelinsmommy
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I dnt think they should punish paula deen for something she done 27yrs ago
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Quoting KimmieLu:

I totally agree. Celebrities say stupid crap all the time. Why is Paula Deen getting punished hard and heavy when other stuff gets swept under the rug?

I agree, good question! I changed my title for this.

MidnightKat
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Paula Deen is being treated way too harshly .

I do not agree with what she said .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Because Alec Baldwin said his in a moment of anger while defending his wife and Paula Deen said something racist as well as condoned racism and sexual harassment in the workplace at her restaurants and company office. (read the court case, it's not just about 1 word years ago like the media's making it out to be) No, his word isn't any less hurtful than hers, but he did this once (that we know of) and apologized whereas she and her brother did it repeatedly and didn't apologize until she'd already been blasted by the media and lost sponsorships. I don't think either one is a particularly good or kind person and don't support either of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I think its stupid that a "public apology" makes everything ok for celebrities. Doing something out of anger doesn't make it more acceptable to me. Controling your frustration is part of being an adult.

Celebrities are guilty of sexual assault, theft, solicitation, drug use, and all sorts of crimes. Why aren't other celebrities being thrown overboard?

I think the Paula Deen thing is being blown way out of proportion COMPARED TO what other famous peeps get away with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)