Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Any stay at home moms out there that like to workout?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 29 Replies

Any stay at home moms out there that like to workout?

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeLaLi
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I wish I can keep motivated enough to work out a lot more than I do now. I was in a gym before LO and I did purchase a small elliptical to use after she was born. I miss working out and I miss my body even more!

I do go out and take long walks with her when the weather is nice :)
all2gethernow
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Yes:). Why?
iloveeandc
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Just wondering if you work out in a gym or at home?

Quoting all2gethernow:

Yes:). Why?

iloveeandc
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I hear ya. After my second baby was born 8 months ago, I reallllyyyyyy wanted my old body back :-) But I was able to lose all 36 pounds and now im working on my 6-pack ( someone told that wasnt possible after having 2 C-Sections) So im trying to prove them wrong, haha! Have you ever thought about working out at home with a program?

Quoting DeLaLi:

I wish I can keep motivated enough to work out a lot more than I do now. I was in a gym before LO and I did purchase a small elliptical to use after she was born. I miss working out and I miss my body even more!

chcon
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

My husband decided we should both start going to a gym this year.  I've been there more than he has, since his work schedule has been crazy this year.  I enjoy going mostly, and I like that I have more energy and stamina for things.  I haven't taken any classes but we do meet with a trainer once a week.  I keep thinking I'd like to try a class or something but I am doing all right on my own and the trainer one day a week. 

Chakita0912
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Yes, I work out at home. I do yoga and the insanity. 

iloveeandc
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Sweet! I just finished P90X and now im starting a challenge group for Les Mills Combat on Monday. I think it will be alot of fun. How far into Insanity are you? Its on my bucket list to do. 

Quoting Chakita0912:

iloveeandc
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Thats awesome. I think thats the hardest step is just making that decision to get fit and healthier. What are some of your fitness goals? I finally was able to lose my post prego weight by doing P90X, now im just working on getting more toned and more muscle through Les Mills Combat.

Quoting chcon:

My husband decided we should both start going to a gym this year.  I've been there more than he has, since his work schedule has been crazy this year.  I enjoy going mostly, and I like that I have more energy and stamina for things.  I haven't taken any classes but we do meet with a trainer once a week.  I keep thinking I'd like to try a class or something but I am doing all right on my own and the trainer one day a week. 

Chakita0912
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I just started it the other day. So, not to far. I have been doing yoga for about six months and wanted to add something new to my work out. So, I decided to try the insanity. So, far it isn't so bad. I want to add kick boxing to my work out once my kids are in school and I have more time. 

Quoting iloveeandc:

Sweet! I just finished P90X and now im starting a challenge group for Les Mills Combat on Monday. I think it will be alot of fun. How far into Insanity are you? Its on my bucket list to do. 

Quoting Chakita0912:

DeLaLi
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Yes, but it's still hard to keep consistent. I get so aggravated with myself, but I'm not going to go hard until I make up my decision about having another child or not.

Quoting iloveeandc:

I hear ya. After my second baby was born 8 months ago, I reallllyyyyyy wanted my old body back :-) But I was able to lose all 36 pounds and now im working on my 6-pack ( someone told that wasnt possible after having 2 C-Sections) So im trying to prove them wrong, haha! Have you ever thought about working out at home with a program?

Quoting DeLaLi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)