Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

F***ING BEDBUGS!!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM
  • 25 Replies
So I was getting all bit up and no one else and we couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, until we saw them! So we call an exterminator, he comes, bugs gone, or so we thought. Just right now, 5am I wake up to pee and see one crawling on my husband...EEEWWWW! Now we are both on the couches in the living room. This sucks! Our mattress isn't even old or dirty. Guess one of us or a guest brought them in :(. Time to call the exterminator back tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DieselsMom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:31 AM
2 moms liked this

if you move to the sofa, the bugs will follow

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Good luck the are a pain to get rid of.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I did an "emergency" move out of my apartment because of bedbugs.  I found out about a month after I moved in that my neighbor had bedbugs.  I figured that if I kept my apartment clean (obviously I knew nothing about bedbugs) we wouldn't have to deal with them.  Oh no, that's not the case.  They don't eat anything except blood so being "clean" does nothing.  A couple of my kids came to me with marks they didn't know how they had got.  I took them to the Dr and he said it looked like bedbugs.  We moved that night and haven't had any problems since.  My neighbor WAS nasty.  Didn't give a damn about the bedbugs.  Gross.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Did you put a plastic cover over your bed?  Put a zippered one, and don't take it off for a year.  I have found bedbug sprays but can't tell you if they actually work or not. 

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Oh and I don't know where you like to shop but I found zippered covers for my queen size bed at Walmart.com for 12 bucks.

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to get some right now! Thank you

Quoting MrsMiles85:

Oh and I don't know where you like to shop but I found zippered covers for my queen size bed at Walmart.com for 12 bucks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM
We checked ourselves and hopefully none came with us, we will see. Luckily throughout this 2 month ordeal the kids have remained bite free and their rooms uninvaded. I hope they stay that way.

Quoting DieselsMom:

if you move to the sofa, the bugs will follow

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM
A kid brought them to my house once, thankfully just contained to one room. We sprayed then bagged stuffed animals, sprayed the bed, the carpet, and shut the door for 3 months. It's the only room with carpet. DD had to sleep on the couch. They are long gone now, but I still check out of paranoia.
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM
We have no carpet in our room, or in our whole house! We even had fleas! They are BAD where we live but the fleas are gone now thankfully.

Quoting Anonymous:

A kid brought them to my house once, thankfully just contained to one room. We sprayed then bagged stuffed animals, sprayed the bed, the carpet, and shut the door for 3 months. It's the only room with carpet. DD had to sleep on the couch. They are long gone now, but I still check out of paranoia.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AA2.0
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

A friend of mine had them so bad, they sprayed three times and still weren't gone, she had to buy all new furniture and spray for a fourth time, plus steam clean the carpets for about the fourth or fifth time. It was insane. Hopefully they stay contained to one room and you can get rid of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)