Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

To Christians, Will you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm In

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gsprofval
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen!

GertieK
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
5 moms liked this

Have been on my knees for years asking for God's mercy and forgiveness for this country that has strayed so far from Him.  He is our only hope.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes; I try to live as God would have me live, each & every day of my life.  I'm human & when I fail (as we all do), I always ask his forgiveness.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Nothing says "humility" like boasting in public about your piety.

ninamsi
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I pray every day.
GertieK
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

What are you talking about?  This post was a direct question at those of us who are Christian, asking if we will pray for our country.  No one is boasting about their piety.  I cannot speak for anyone else, but it means a lot to me to know there are other moms on CM praying for our country.  We hold no illusions of grandeur, or perfection.  On the contrary, we know that everyday requires that we confess our sins and ask forgiveness because as humans, no matter how hard we try, we will make mistakes both big and small.  The thing is, we acknowledge those mistakes, do ask for forgiveness, and try very hard not to repeat them.  When I look at what made our country great, and see where those qualities are today, many (even most) of those things are gone.  Rather, we have a country that has decided that there is no need for faith, and is pushing God out of every corner.  To me, as  Christian, this is the very root of all the crap that is going on.  We have abandoned our principals, and are building our country on a foundation of shifting sands rather than on the Rock.  This is not boasting.  This is reality.

Quoting Clairwil:

chalisa0
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

What's wrong with this country?  Why should we pray for it?  And I'm not being snarky.  I'm a Christian and I see a lot of good going on.  I see equal rights for all citizens occuring.  I see humanity and kindness all around-every time there's a natural disaster people flock from around the nation to help.  The biggest problem I see is the politicians with agendas being unreasonable and idiotic.  But, that's happened since the beginning of politics.  And as a Christian, God hears me whether I am sitting in the forest speaking to him or down on my knees pleading with him (which I will not do.)  So, instead I thank God for allowing me the privilege of living in such a great country.

Quoting GertieK:

What are you talking about?  This post was a direct question at those of us who are Christian, asking if we will pray for our country.  No one is boasting about their piety.  I cannot speak for anyone else, but it means a lot to me to know there are other moms on CM praying for our country.  We hold no illusions of grandeur, or perfection.  On the contrary, we know that everyday requires that we confess our sins and ask forgiveness because as humans, no matter how hard we try, we will make mistakes both big and small.  The thing is, we acknowledge those mistakes, do ask for forgiveness, and try very hard not to repeat them.  When I look at what made our country great, and see where those qualities are today, many (even most) of those things are gone.  Rather, we have a country that has decided that there is no need for faith, and is pushing God out of every corner.  To me, as  Christian, this is the very root of all the crap that is going on.  We have abandoned our principals, and are building our country on a foundation of shifting sands rather than on the Rock.  This is not boasting.  This is reality.

Quoting Clairwil:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN