Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How rude can some people be..?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 26 Replies

I just had new nighbors move in next door on Friday. I am already so beyond pissed at these people already..

First off, I have three children. My children were so excited when new neighbors were moving in with children, so they can play with new friends. Well, these neighbors have not even introduced themselves but send their kids over to play and just go inside like I am a damn daycare. I would never let my children go play at someone house without meeting the parents next door and hanging out to keep an eye on my children. I asked the neighbors children to get shoes on. We find random bits of glass in the yard and I don't want the kids to get hurt. I think it is reasonable request. right? But hey what can you expect from the parents when they can even change their little girls clothes. The two little ones have been in the same clothes since Friday. They try and just walk in my house and show up at the butt crack of dawn to open my door to grab my puppy. Which is a small bread and is very uneasy around strangers. Will just bark and run away from others. He basically barks at anything bigger them him. Which is everything. I tell then no they are not allowed in my house very nicely, and tell they are not allowed to touch the puppy. They dont listen. Shocking.We had a BBQ yesterday. One of our dear friends retired from the army and was having a going away party for him just a small group of people. Well they little girls were next door and i was outside getting the grill ready when i heard the mom tell her little girls that they can come over here. And they were not invited. Who just tells their children they can do that? then the little girl came up to me and said my mommy said i am allowed here right now. I responded with not right now sweetie. We are doing a family event. And the grill was by the porch. I didn't want anyone getting hurt.

I am so pissed at frustrated. What would you do?? Should Igo over their and say something? At this point, I wouldnt be very nice about it. Or am I making a big deal out of nothing? Please let me know. And dont be rude please.

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I would lock your doors and tell them not to come over until afternoon to start with.
Up_yours84
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

why should my children have to be held hostage inside? Its not fair to them. I shouldnt have to lock my doors on a 5 and 4 year old. Why would their parents just let them run over here like that? They dont even check on them.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go over to their house and calmly & poleity tell the parents that you appreciate them checking with you before they just tell their kids they are allowed to come over to your house; and to plese not send them over before say 10:00 in the first place.  Explain that you realize that they are just getting settled in, but you are not the neighborhood day-care center and that even though you hope the kids can be friends - as well as y'all get to know each other as the parents - the kids cannot just have free reign to come over anytime.

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi doll I  lived  in a apt for a year never again for this reason- Dont be rude just tell the little girls when they  come over  im sorry but your children cant play today and tell them they need to go home nicely - Next time they open the doors to your home say firmly no u are not allowed to just open my doors and they need to go homeright now - Keep telling them to go away this family is probally trash and u dont want to mingle with these kind of people you will be looking for problems be for warned ! 

ocktoberfox
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

The next time they come over, politely walk them back home and then inform the parents that A. your home is not a free daycare and B. visitors are welcome only as long as you are asked if they can come over first. If the parents don't get the message after you politely talk to them, I'd flat out tell the parents to keep their kids out of your house and off your property or you'll be calling CPS. After a littlewhile, nice and polite just doesn't cut it. 
I had a similar experience with neighbor kids a few years back. It got to the point that I had to tell the dad to keep his kids off my property or he'd be getting a visit from DHS. The guy and his kids moved about a month later. I hated to be mean but occasionally you have to. 

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The way I see it, there are three ways to handle this:

1. Call CPS.  I don't recommend this b/c the chances are that they'll end up in a worse situation.

2. Talk to the parents and try to get them to raise their own children.  I also would not do this.  If they were going to raise their children correctly themselves, they would probably already be doing it.

3. Personally, I would take it upon myself to take care of the girls when they're at my house.  I would lock my doors at night (do anyway, but you apparently don't need to where you live, I've lived in places like that; it was freeing as a kid to be able to get up at the crack of dawn and go for a bike ride with my brother, but.... ya gotta do what ya gotta do; KWIM).  Anyway, I would teach the children manners when they're at my house, This is how we do things here, listen to them about how things are at their house and explain how things are different at my house.  About their clothes, you kind of have two choices, (well, three, but obviously you could leave it alone), you could either send them home to change their clothes or you could lend them clothes from your house and wash their clothes for them while they're there.
I like this route b/c if their parents complain to you about what you do, you have an opening to tell them that you didn't think they would mind, since they send their kids over to your house all the time.  KWIM?

Anyway, as far as the puppy goes, you've got to be careful with that part of the situation b/c mistreating a puppy can cause big problems for you as his/her owner later on.

MomTiara19
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Everyone parents differently.Tell them your concerns.

copasetic1
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Can you get a good fence? First you might just go over and meet the parents, see what kind of people they are. They could be trash and a big problem. They could be poor and hoping their kids get a free meal. There are a lot of possible explanations.  It's hard to tell from what you say. If you go over to say hi, and they seem nice, tell them they should ask before the kids come over. If they are trash, be careful. They could be a problem. If the kids come over and are a problem, tell them the rules in your house, and that if they break them, they have to leave, and follow through. You really should meet them before you decided what to do.

Up_yours84
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I am renting at the moment. We are a military family and we move often. Wish I could put a fence up!! I don't mind taking care of kids that can't be helped at home.. But I am just shocked at the parents for just leaving them outside and not even checking on them.. It's been raining here and I looked out my window yesterday.. The littlest one was outside in just a diaper with nothing else and it was storming so bad. I felt so awful. I am also just down right uncomfy with letting children who I don't know or the parents for that matter come in my house. Suppose I feed one and then find out the hard way they have an allergy to something? I am not up for the liability. You know?
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to introduce yourself. And go from there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN