Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Mom left her son in the play area at the mall where I was. WTF?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 33 Replies
I was there with my son and she walks up with hers and he didn't seem like he wanted to come in, then she got mad and talked to him. He eventually came in and started playing and SHE LEFT!! He wasn't much taller than my son who's 5 so I guessed he was right around the same age. It doesn't even matter anyway, you can't just leave your kids like that. I mean did she assume all us other parents were going to watch him? Did she even care? I really wish I would have stopped her myself and asked her what the hell she thought she was doing but I called security instead. She was completely gone by the time they got to the play area. I felt so bad for this boy. Who does that? Who leaves their babies alone so they can go shopping? I hope she got her ass handed to her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I would have called security too.
nodramamama311
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM
The security guard was like WTF too...lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have called security too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I've seen that happen all to often
Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM
How scary for that little boy! I would have found security and explained the situation. Security should be walking frequently though th mall.
mommyecr3
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

It's amazing how often this happens!!! I'm just so sad that the child didn't want to even be there - prob cuz mom wasn't staying! How terrifying for the child - and depressing that she would even want to leave him - and of course there is the potential that some whack-job petifile could have been watching and taken the poor lil guy!!!

nodramamama311
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I'm sick of seeing parents do this sort of thing and then saying they are not bad parents. Then we get bashed for judging people or we get told that we must think we are perfect. Never once in all of my life, before and after children, have I thought I was perfect, BUT, I've also never left my children in a strange place alone hoping maybe other would watch them or just figuring they'd be safe. Doesn't make me perfect, just not a dumb ass.

Quoting Supervane:

I've seen that happen all to often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM

To me it isn't that big of a deal, it happens a lot here. Hell I have done it myself. In my area it is just common for us to watch out for each others children.

nodramamama311
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Seriously???? Are you kidding? You just leave your kids?? Are you going for mom of the year? Don't you realize how dangerous that is? Don't you care that someone could take your kids? What the hell are you thinking? I cannot understand at all!

Quoting Anonymous:

To me it isn't that big of a deal, it happens a lot here. Hell I have done it myself. In my area it is just common for us to watch out for each others children.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Do you know how many times we have gone to the park and have ran into someone we know? Pretty much every time I take my kids to the park, there is someone I know. Plus my 11 year old is quite capable to watch his younger siblings.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Seriously???? Are you kidding? You just leave your kids?? Are you going for mom of the year? Don't you realize how dangerous that is? Don't you care that someone could take your kids? What the hell are you thinking? I cannot understand at all!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM

OH and plus, I live in a community of 600 people. Everyone knows everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know how many times we have gone to the park and have ran into someone we know? Pretty much every time I take my kids to the park, there is someone I know. Plus my 11 year old is quite capable to watch his younger siblings.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN