Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Constipated for 2 weeks.

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 24 Replies

This has happened to me before. I am normally constipated but sometimes it gets bad. I have tried ex lax, juices, fleet, pretty much everything. 

I have no medical and cant afford to go to the doc. 

Anyone have any tips to help me go?

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to be checked out. You may have a blockage which is super serious. Urgent cares here are not as much as ER's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Mag citrate. You can buy it at the pharmacy, you take it orally. They also probably sell enema bags (they work better than fleets). Together night be a good thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AWallewein
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Blockage? I quite literally cannot pay a medical bill atm. in the middle of a big move, just found out I'm pregnant, already have a 4 year old and 6 month old. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to be checked out. You may have a blockage which is super serious. Urgent cares here are not as much as ER's.

Numom61507
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I would try magnesium citrate. Thats the stuff they use to clean you out before a colonoscopy. If that doesnt work, get yourself checked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM
You need to see a doctor, pregnant, constipated 2 weeks. Take care of yourself and the baby.

Quoting AWallewein:

Blockage? I quite literally cannot pay a medical bill atm. in the middle of a big move, just found out I'm pregnant, already have a 4 year old and 6 month old. 

Quoting Anonymous:

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM
At the mayo clinic they recommend you drink magnesium citrate drink each day. Each evening you alternate between colace laxative pills and supositories.
It will take less than 3 days to start clearing up but do it for a week. If it doesn't work you need surgery.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Cut out gluten.

childofGod995
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM

have you tried eating a lot of fiber

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Plenty of water and maybe a stool softener. Then not trying to be mean, but if you are having financial difficulty, why make another baby? What's done is done so wishful things look up for you but trying to figure how you are going without medical and have young ones with a baby on the way. Anyway, the constipation could be hormonal. Try eating plenty of salad, drinking lots of water and a stool softener pill safe for pregnancy. 

Quoting AWallewein:

Quoting Anonymous:

foreverealty
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Probiotic yogurt, raw almonds, lots of water, blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, prunes, apples, oranges, pears,don't peel the skin of the fruit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)