Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My dad

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
4 moms liked this

My dad is my hero and my best friend. I am so happy that he has finally found someone to share his life with. I got to meet her a couple weeks back and she is an amazing person. We have become friends which is so nice. Her and my are not going to get married due to financial reasons but still I concider her my step mom. We talk a lot and one of these weekends when her and my dad are no busy we are going upstate ny to where they are. I just wanted to share about how happy I am. happy

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so glad to hear you feel this way.  I remember when my father started seeing my stepmom; I was extremely happy that he had found someone to share his life with.  My stepmom is actually my mother's 1st cousin .. my dad hadn't seen her in years; then about 4 1/2 years after my mom passed away he was visiting family in Mobile, AL and their paths crossed.  Something clicked and about 6 months later they were married.  My dad is gone now, but I still have my 'mom' around.  She is a lot like my mom in so many ways, yet she is also very much her own person.  She loved my father so much.  I couldn't have asked for a better 2nd mom.  As for your dad & his gf not getting married b/c of financial reason, I can understand that.  I've known several couples that have run into that problem.  I wish them the best and years of happiness.  I know it means so much to your dad to have your blessing.

junelove8291
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Thank you! That's great about your dad and your 'mom'. I'm so sorry about your dad. Yea I'm happy they are happy and make each other happy.

Quoting dingysfamily:

I'm so glad to hear you feel this way.  I remember when my father started seeing my stepmom; I was extremely happy that he had found someone to share his life with.  My stepmom is actually my mother's 1st cousin .. my dad hadn't seen her in years; then about 4 1/2 years after my mom passed away he was visiting family in Mobile, AL and their paths crossed.  Something clicked and about 6 months later they were married.  My dad is gone now, but I still have my 'mom' around.  She is a lot like my mom in so many ways, yet she is also very much her own person.  She loved my father so much.  I couldn't have asked for a better 2nd mom.  As for your dad & his gf not getting married b/c of financial reason, I can understand that.  I've known several couples that have run into that problem.  I wish them the best and years of happiness.  I know it means so much to your dad to have your blessing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:55 AM
I wish I had those same happy feelings about my Dad's new wife. I do really try my best to get along with her and be friendly & polite to her, but for me she is just a difficult person to truly like. She doesn't like to "share" my Dad and has to always monopolize his time (note that I live 5 hours away from them so it's not like we see each other constantly!!!). It got so bad at one point that if I called my Dad, she would make him put the call on speaker phone so she could hear the conversation. To avoid it all, I just started calling him while he was at work but he just retired last week so I have a feeling it will be back to speakerphone again soon. I truly do try to get along with her but she really makes it difficult at times - I grin & bear it because my Dad loves her and I want him to be happy. I just wished he had picked a warmer, less controlling person to be with.
junelove8291
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:49 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through that. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do and that sucks big time. I give you a lot of credit for attempting to get a long with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish I had those same happy feelings about my Dad's new wife. I do really try my best to get along with her and be friendly & polite to her, but for me she is just a difficult person to truly like. She doesn't like to "share" my Dad and has to always monopolize his time (note that I live 5 hours away from them so it's not like we see each other constantly!!!). It got so bad at one point that if I called my Dad, she would make him put the call on speaker phone so she could hear the conversation. To avoid it all, I just started calling him while he was at work but he just retired last week so I have a feeling it will be back to speakerphone again soon. I truly do try to get along with her but she really makes it difficult at times - I grin & bear it because my Dad loves her and I want him to be happy. I just wished he had picked a warmer, less controlling person to be with.

yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww how nice.

junelove8291
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Thank you

Quoting yorkiemaz:

Aww how nice.

yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM

smile

Quoting junelove8291:

Thank you

Quoting yorkiemaz:

Aww how nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)