Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which is more exhausting, your job or your co-workers?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 11 Replies

my job is hard work and non-stop, the day just flies by but it's my co-workers who seem to drain me more than the job.

some of them are friends outside of work (fb, etc.) and when they're together at work they laugh and carry on like sisters, all well and good, BUT when one leaves the room or has a day off they tear her down from everything going on in her personal life to how she sucks at her job.

it's gotten to the point where it's draining and emotionaly exhausting to listen to and some of us have even stopped taking lunch break because of it.

we don't want to stick our nose in their buisness or start trouble by telling each one what the other says about them but we can't understand why all the drama! and we can only imagine what gets said about the rest of us when we're not in the room or there despite the fact that most of us keep our personal lives to ourselves.

how do your co-workers get along?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Go privately to mangement and have them talk to this lady but leave your names all out of it !

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I simply tell people "How you feel about the other person is how you feel... I don't feel the same way and I'm not getting into it and I don't do workplace drama and gossip. Save the drama for your mama!" 

Heidi615
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We all get along great but we have one that is just negative all dang day. It's so annoying.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

And for some reason... this commerical came to mind... she's a workplace morale sucker

Rampgirl04
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:25 AM

My job is very physically demanding due to the fact that I am a baggage handler aka Ramp agent but as far as your question goes, unfortunately it's my Co Workers who drain me more than the job itself. Sadly I've become a victim of workplace bullying and emotional hurtfulness. Well the same thing as bullying obviously but it's gotten to the point I may have to eventually quit because it's gotten so bad and all I do is end up in tears sobbing my eyes out everynight because of my co workers. They are all friends pretty much and I'm the outsider looking in.

Rampgirl04
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been where you are. I (stupidly) dated a co worker before I knew him very well. As soon as I knew him better I broke up with him (we "dated" maybe two months), and he got together with a 16 year old girl (He and I were 21). That grossed me out to the MAX, but they didn't last long. He then got together with a girl that had worked there for a few years before I did and was very popular. He told her that I was the devil, and she started the rumor mill. Apparently, I was a whore, a lesbian, a bitch, a psycho, ect. It went on for about a year before he was fired and she quit in protest of his firing. I haven't seen either of them in seven years (they just got married, whoopie for them, lol) and a mutual friend recently told me that she brings me up every time they see each other. Apparently my DS is our old boss' kid, not my DH's (hilarious!!! Old boss was the deacon at church and very, very happily married), and there were several more equally ridiculous, like I married my DH because he had the same first name as the ex boyfriend (???!!?? How THAT started I have no clue!!!). Now I think it is freakin' HILARIOUS that she is still so stuck on hating me that she cant let go and live her own life.

It gets better, trust me :)

Quoting Rampgirl04:

My job is very physically demanding due to the fact that I am a baggage handler aka Ramp agent but as far as your question goes, unfortunately it's my Co Workers who drain me more than the job itself. Sadly I've become a victim of workplace bullying and emotional hurtfulness. Well the same thing as bullying obviously but it's gotten to the point I may have to eventually quit because it's gotten so bad and all I do is end up in tears sobbing my eyes out everynight because of my co workers. They are all friends pretty much and I'm the outsider looking in.

Rampgirl04
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:38 AM

LOL atleast Karma got him where it hurts. I'm sorry you've been through this same frustrating situation I'm in now. It's so disturbing how some people we have to deal with have nothing better to do than revolve their lifes around what's happening in ours and try to bully when they need to look at themselves first. Tonight was the night from hell where I work and this is so becoming a pattern :(

I so wish people would look at themselves before cutting down aka putting down others and making others feel like crap for say :(

Btw, ty for your encouragement that things will get better

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been where you are. I (stupidly) dated a co worker before I knew him very well. As soon as I knew him better I broke up with him (we "dated" maybe two months), and he got together with a 16 year old girl (He and I were 21). That grossed me out to the MAX, but they didn't last long. He then got together with a girl that had worked there for a few years before I did and was very popular. He told her that I was the devil, and she started the rumor mill. Apparently, I was a whore, a lesbian, a bitch, a psycho, ect. It went on for about a year before he was fired and she quit in protest of his firing. I haven't seen either of them in seven years (they just got married, whoopie for them, lol) and a mutual friend recently told me that she brings me up every time they see each other. Apparently my DS is our old boss' kid, not my DH's (hilarious!!! Old boss was the deacon at church and very, very happily married), and there were several more equally ridiculous, like I married my DH because he had the same first name as the ex boyfriend (???!!?? How THAT started I have no clue!!!). Now I think it is freakin' HILARIOUS that she is still so stuck on hating me that she cant let go and live her own life.

It gets better, trust me :)

Quoting Rampgirl04:

justbereal
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM
My coworkers! Not saying.my job isn't mentally draining & stressful but geez some just coworkers send me over the edge!
ninamsi
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:37 AM

We have the same problem at my job.  I stay away from all of the drama but I hear more than I want to know daily.  Some women live to gossip and cause problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)