Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

10 Best and Worst Cities for Parks

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 3 Replies

This was an article about the 10 Best and Worst cities for parks.  

http://www.rodalenews.com/city-parks?cm_mmc=TheDailyFixNL-_-1358552-_-07102013-_-The_10_Best_and_10_Worst_Cities_in_the_US_for_Park_Lovers_title

Of course, they seemed to be using some kind of formula...but I was wondering from people who actually lived in this city, does it FEEL like a place that belongs on this list (whether best or worst)?  

To summarize...

10 BEST

Minneapolis

New York City, NY

Sacramento, CA

San Francisco, CA

Boston, Mass.

Washington, D.C. 

Portland, OR

Virginia Beach, Virginia

San Diego, CA

Seattle, WA

10 Worst

Memphis, TN

Oklahoma City

Jacksonville, FL

San Antonio, TX

Mesa, AZ

Charlotte, NC

Indianapolis, IN

Kouisville, KT

Fresno, CA

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I've only lived in NYC, but we do have some awesome parks here. And most of them are pretty large with lots of grass space. The one by my house is McCarren park which I like more than the ones on manhattan, it has a pool, sprinklers, football, baseball, soccer, a track, handball, a dog park... I think there's more, but I was just trying to say I really like this park, even though its a fifteen block walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Washington DC ...  I live outside of DC (have lived in the DC metro area my entire life) and yes, they do have a few nice parks, but some of the best; I find that very hard to believe.  There is no way I'd believe that at all!!!!  You couldn't pay me to live in any part of DC, even if I had the money to live in the most expensive sections.  My ex husband is a retired DC police LT, and my oldest son is currently on the DC police force.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Woohoo. NYC is second.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)