Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hi

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:11 AM
  • 21 Replies

Hi everyone. I've been a member of CafeMom for some time now, but am new to this group. I am a SAHM to three boys, of which I also homeschool. I've been married for 17 years & live in NC. I have never really traveled much. The only other states I have visited are Virginia, Tenn & SC. I would really love to visit CA and AZ with the family some day.  I was wondering if any of you are from CA or AZ, or have visited there & if so what it's like.

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

purplemom3777
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Thank you!

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I lived in ca. Its fine. I'm not sure what you want to know.
purplemom3777
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:14 AM

OH cool, what part of CA? Just wanted to know how the weather is on the West Coast for the most part, how it compares to NC. I don't know if I will ever get to go, but I would love to visit there sometime. It looks like such a beautiful state. I live on the East Coast in NC, but I am about an hour or two from the nearest beach. We have the mountains & the beaches here too & it really is a beautiful state as well. We have been getting SO much rain lately though. I love the warm weather & sunny days. I think the landscape in CA & AZ is so gorgeous. 

OklahomaWifey
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:18 AM
My wife and I went on vacation from Oklahoma to Las Vegas last summer and we drive through New Mexico and Arizona. One word; AMAZING!! The sights were incredible. We stopped off at The Hoover Dam and it was just beautiful. If you love sights, you will definitely have a great time!
purplemom3777
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting OklahomaWifey:

My wife and I went on vacation from Oklahoma to Las Vegas last summer and we drive through New Mexico and Arizona. One word; AMAZING!! The sights were incredible. We stopped off at The Hoover Dam and it was just beautiful. If you love sights, you will definitely have a great time!

Oh my gosh, that sounds like an amazing trip. I think AZ is so gorgeous, but I've only seen pictures. I would love to see the real thing some day. That's so cool that you got to do that! Thanks for sharing.
aneela
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

welcome

cindim1963
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Hi purplemom3337. I see you're in North Carolina. I am too. I'm in Elizabeth City, about an hour from the Dare County Outer Banks.
purplemom3777
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting cindim1963:

Hi purplemom3337. I see you're in North Carolina. I am too. I'm in Elizabeth City, about an hour from the Dare County Outer Banks.

Oh cool, Yeah I'm in Dunn NC, I think I'm about three hours away from Elizabeth City. Do you like living there? Dunn is ok. We bought a house in Dunn last year. I've lived in the Dunn-Erwin area since I was a freshman in high school, before that I lived in Fuquay-Varina NC. It's about 25 to 30 minutes from Dunn. My dad still lives in F-V. My mom & sister live in Dunn too & my husbands family. We are sort of in the middle. About a good three hours from the mountains & two to three from the nearest beach. This rain we have been having lately is CRAZY!
purplemom3777
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting aneela:

welcome

Thank you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)