Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is your house clean always clean enough for surprise guests?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 117 Replies
4 moms liked this
I have to say mine is always tidy enough but not always "guest" clean, although there is always the illusion it's clean...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Mine is clean enough. Yes it is clean but guest clean is never achieved
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh clean enough
mouthymandy
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this

One tidiness hint is to limit how much stuff you have.

I live alone so that is a big help.  (The one who does the picking up is inspired to strip down right next to the hamper)  (The one who washes up is the one who has the pans soaking while eating)

But then, I am a tidy freak.

God bless,

momofsunshine77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM

yes

KimmieLu
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM
3 moms liked this
My house isn't gross, but I wouldn't want company just popping in unexpectedly.

Like right now.. ALL the cushions from the couch and love seat are piled in a heap on the floor because we decided to make a mountain. One bedroom is a mess because I'm washing the sheets and vacuuming so everything is scattered. And so on...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
No
Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't ever expect " surprise" guests.... Only latter day people ( who aren't to be in) and the occasional advertisement person.

As far as my house, eh, not awful.... But decent enough for family visits. ( my neighbors keep to themselves as do we and, sadly I have no friends, so, I guess I'm safe) :-)
midjet117
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

no not really. it was that clean yesterday, i spent a good 2.5 hrs cleaning. today im just too tired and lazy

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
5 moms liked this

I have this theory ... if you just drop by my house then you should be coming to see me and it shouldn't matter what my house looks like and you should give a hoot; if I just drop by your house I could care less what yours looks like b/c I'm coming to see you!!! Now to answer your question specificially ... yes, for the most part it is; there is probably some dust on the furniture, and I know there will be some cat hair (if you are family and friends you know we have cats!), there will most likely be a few things like magazines and/or a book or two sitting around ... but the house will be 'presentable'.  I'm not a clean freak and with bad knees & a bad back keeping it up like I used to is not possible; friends & family know this ... and they accept it.  Don't pop in if you want 'squeaky clean'!

purplemom3777
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I like a clean house & I do my best, but I have three boys, so short answer NO! In fact that's when people often surprise me, when my house is a mess! My yard is beautiful though, my husband & boys have worked very hard in the yard this year. I'm very proud of it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)