Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone else upset?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • 8 Replies
Cory Monteith (the guy who played Finn Hudson on Glee, and fiancée to Lea Michele) was found dead in his hotel room a few hours ago.

I'm still in like a state if shock/denial. Glee was my favorite show for years, and I was so excited for it to come back so Finn and Rachel could finally be together.

I know it's stupid, but their relationship on the show got me through a hard 9 month breakup with my bf a few years ago, and the fact that they always seemed to drift back to each other is what made me so sure we would ultimately get back together ( which we did :)

I don't know if I've ever had a stars death affect me so much. With Whitney and Michael, they were a different generation. Brittany Murphy and Amy Winehouse had me extremely upset. But maybe because I had such a connection to the show its especially painful.

Praying for his family, friends, and Lea Michele, who must be devastated.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ambertreas76
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Wow!  That is very sad.  That is shocking.  

nodramamama311
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

never watched the show but someone dying is always sad, especially when its so sudden and unexpected ( meaning he wasnt ill )

BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Not really. I didn't watch the show, have no idea who he was, so me it's another day in the entertainment world, another success story cut short by drug abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM
No. I watched the show but never liked the character. He seemed dim witted and weak. I don't know anything about the man who played him
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Don't know who he is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

nope. I don't know him. every family who loses a member is devastated. I really don't care any special amount when a celebrity dies. they aren't special. 

MuseCBS
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I've seen the show and know what you mean while I'm not shocked I am saddened by it.  I don't think I'm shocked because every time you turn around someone is dying.  I think this will cripple the show as he seemed to be an intricate part of the show, some say he was the glue that held it together and how will they go one with it, but this could be the thing that will kill the show.simple frown

“God grant me the courage to date the men who aren't idiots, the serenity to accept the fact that many men are idiots, and the wisdom to know the difference” --Kristan Higgins

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Sas he couldn't beat the drugs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)