Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

canceling visitation

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 26 Replies

My ex called me said he will be canceling visitation because he cannot afford to go out and do something with our son also he cannot afford gas this week. He asked me to borrow money I told him I am not funding his visitation am I wrong?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM

No you are not wrong at all 

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I would maybe see about dropping the child off depending on distance for the childs sake

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM

You're not wrong, but I don't think I'd do the same thing. I am the kid who was always being cancelled on. I would like to think that I'd do everything that I could to have my kids see their father.

AAP1988
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Oh I could not do that. Due to a medical condition I am not able to drive. When he lived in the same town my parents transported. But my sons dad moved an hr away so now he is responsible for transportation. 

Quoting othermom:

I would maybe see about dropping the child off depending on distance for the childs sake

AAP1988
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM

well there is nothing I can really do. 

Quoting balagan_imma:

You're not wrong, but I don't think I'd do the same thing. I am the kid who was always being cancelled on. I would like to think that I'd do everything that I could to have my kids see their father.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM

In that case I would let him cancel, that is sad for your child though that it has to be canceled

Quoting AAP1988:

Oh I could not do that. Due to a medical condition I am not able to drive. When he lived in the same town my parents transported. But my sons dad moved an hr away so now he is responsible for transportation. 

Quoting othermom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Awesome. The kid needs to take priority no matter what.

Quoting balagan_imma:

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM

So true!

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome. The kid needs to take priority no matter what.

Quoting balagan_imma:

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM

YES IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY LOAN IT TO HIM AND DONT BE A RAG !

AAP1988
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM

No I will not loan money. I don't have the money to spare. I support my two kids with minimal child support. 

Quoting nurse1997:

YES IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY LOAN IT TO HIM AND DONT BE A RAG !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)