Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

canceling visitation

Posted by   + Show Post

My ex called me said he will be canceling visitation because he cannot afford to go out and do something with our son also he cannot afford gas this week. He asked me to borrow money I told him I am not funding his visitation am I wrong?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Replies (21-26):
AAP1988
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM

It seems you twist my words. I never refused him two extra hours, he just refused to keep him overnight so it's him who refused himself the time. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

Now is this the same baby daddy that you refused to let him have 2 extra hours when he asked last time?

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM

:( Since you have a medical condition and unable to drive and he is responsible for the transportation... than no... you're not wrong. 

My ex lived 2 hrs away.... he petitioned the court for us to meet 1/2 way... no problem... it lasted all but 3 months before he whined and complained that even 1/2 was too much for him and tried to petition the court to make me drive the 4 hours round trip to bring my kid to him for visitation... the court laughed and took the 1/2 way away from him and made him start coming to my house because he didn't show up to court to contest. THey gave him the opportunity to keep the 1/2 way or have to drive the whole 4 hr round trip. So now he doesn't come to get my son and blames it entirely on me. 

Quoting AAP1988:

Oh I could not do that. Due to a medical condition I am not able to drive. When he lived in the same town my parents transported. But my sons dad moved an hr away so now he is responsible for transportation. 

Quoting othermom:

I would maybe see about dropping the child off depending on distance for the childs sake

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

AAP1988
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM

When he lived in my town and lived a few minutes away my parents were willing to transport because it was down the street. No one I know on my side of the family will transport half way. If I could drive I would. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

:( Since you have a medical condition and unable to drive and he is responsible for the transportation... than no... you're not wrong. 

My ex lived 2 hrs away.... he petitioned the court for us to meet 1/2 way... no problem... it lasted all but 3 months before he whined and complained that even 1/2 was too much for him and tried to petition the court to make me drive the 4 hours round trip to bring my kid to him for visitation... the court laughed and took the 1/2 way away from him and made him start coming to my house because he didn't show up to court to contest. THey gave him the opportunity to keep the 1/2 way or have to drive the whole 4 hr round trip. So now he doesn't come to get my son and blames it entirely on me. 

Quoting AAP1988:

Oh I could not do that. Due to a medical condition I am not able to drive. When he lived in the same town my parents transported. But my sons dad moved an hr away so now he is responsible for transportation. 

Quoting othermom:

I would maybe see about dropping the child off depending on distance for the childs sake

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Where there is a will, he will find a way! Don't stress yourself mama!

Quoting AAP1988:

When he lived in my town and lived a few minutes away my parents were willing to transport because it was down the street. No one I know on my side of the family will transport half way. If I could drive I would. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting othermom:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

AAP1988
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

The thing is he expects me to loan him money or find a way to get him there. I don't understand why he cannot find anyone on his side of the family to help. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting othermom:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

not your job, not your problem... he can expect all he wants...just don't give in. 

Quoting AAP1988:

The thing is he expects me to loan him money or find a way to get him there. I don't understand why he cannot find anyone on his side of the family to help. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)