Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

TM demonstrations getting out of hand

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

I jusI just saw this on the newsm as soon as the channel posts a link, I will pass it on.

In Houston Texas demonstrators have taken over a freeway, blocking traffic.  The big problem is that it is one of the freeways that takes people to the Texas Medical center.  Demonstrators have blocked at least one ambulance.  Footage was showed of demonstrators stopping a private vehicle, pulling a grandmother out of the car and beating her to the ground.  The woman was riding with her daughter and grand daughter to Texas Children's Hospital in an attempt to get medical attention for granddaughter who having an allergic reaction to medication and they were trying to get the child to the TX Children Hospital emergency room.  This is too much!!!

I am sure that most of the demonstrators do not want to cause harm to another person, but how could they be so callous?!  When will this end.  I have read and seen reports of demonstrations in other cities that lead to violence and property damage.  Anyone who takes part in this kind of lunacy deserves to be prosecuted!  

People are people, it does not matter what their ethnicity is.  The child who was prevented from getting care happened to be white as was the grandmother.  No one knows who was in the ambulance. These are people trying to get medical attention.  I hope that leaders in the black community will at the very least MOVE the demonstrations to an area of town that does not interfere with people getting medical attention.

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AA2.0
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:12 AM
This is just getting insane. I hardly think that this is what the Martin family meant when they said they wanted justice.

What happened to the days of peaceful protest? Did MLK physically attack children, the elderly, or ANYONE for that matter?! Smdh

People have the right to protest, but they do NOT have the right to harm or endanger others in the process.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM
It's disgusting. I hope every person who's harming innocent people over this go to jail.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM
No big shocker. Many of these kind of people are idiots. They want people to have a different threshold and law for trials like this. Reasonable doubt is reasonable doubt. If it was an African American on trial they want them to have an easier time getting off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Honestly these people should be shot one by one. The trial is over! Some of these people want every excuse to act like animals. I will be soo glad when i dont hear about it anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I'm sick of all this BS, seriously. Why can't people just verbally vent their frustrations over injustice rather than lashing out in violence? Violence doesn't solve anything, least of all something like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I blame Al Sharpton.  He lead the protest for "justice or peace" last year and these people don't think that justice was done....they don't know the facts of the trial, but that doesn't matter to them, they don't care about the actual facts...they just want their way, regardless.  Al Sharpton is not helping anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Every day there is more shit going on with these idiots. Shows these people have an IQ of a 2 year old.
4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

This isn't the way to memorialize that young man.  I'm sure it's adding to the pain of his parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)