Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Starting Kindergarten with a pacifier?

Posted by   + Show Post

What age do you think kids should be forced to give up the pacifier? A friend of mine's daughter is starting Kindergarten next month and still sucks her pacifier all day.

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Replies (181-190):
IamMex11
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

she won't while she's in school. she should use the summer break to get rid of the habit. lazy mom.

Rushn311
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM

2 is when my second child stopped. It began to look weird and I was tired of him depending on it.

cindim1963
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM
My son gave his up around 9 months. I was in the hospital for gallbladder surgery and he was staying with my MIL. He just gave it up for some reason.

My DD, otoh, wouldn't give hers up until she was a little over 2 years old. She got her "big girl bed" for her 2nd birthday and we planned to pack all her binkies up when we packed up the crib. She woke up the morning of her 2nd birthday with a full blown case of the chicken pox and ex and I decided we were not going to fight a sick 2 year old over a binkie. But by the end of the month after her birthday she gave it up on her own.
alliesmom112
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM
She never took a paci but she is starting kindergarten she stopped sucking her fingers at 3
Meg226
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I refused to give my son a pacifer before he was born. However, the doctors gave him one because he had to stay in the nursery and not in my room. Otherwise it would have been yanked. Kindergarten with a pacifier!!! Are you kidding me! Your child is just asking to be picked on. Not to be rude for those that allow it.

Arenita54
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:15 AM
I took lo's paci before 8 months old cause she wasn't babbling as much with it in her mouth as she would without it in her mouth so I just took it away while she wasn't sleeping and then took it away for nap times and finally took it away for night time as well. So I started taking it away by 6 months.

There's no way if let my lo have a paci in kindergarten so every kid can make fun of her, no thanks.
chattycassie
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM
berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
After my kids were 1, they only used them at night for bed. My oldest used his til he was two and my youngest til he was 1 1/2
Sparkles591
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM

At a year old.   That's when bottles and pacifiers should go. 

EbonySnow
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'm not a fan of them at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)