Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Painting baby's nails is just dumb.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sil painted her 6mo's fingernails a bright Barbie pink and then bitched for 3days about how the baby gnawed all the paint off. Don't paint a baby's nails and she won't chew the paint off, idiot! Besides, is it even safe for baby to ingest that stuff?

I think painting a baby's fingernails is dumb. What do you think? Is painting a baby's fingernails okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (31-40):
nanasue31204
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
My 21 month old asks for hers done now when me or my sister do ours but we only do toes and its only been the last few weeks. I wouldn't do an infant because of them chewing on their fingers and toes.
Jaycee878
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I wear open toed shoe's all the time and don't paint my nails. Am I not a lady because I don't put paint on my body? I don't think it's the polish that defines a women and if it is then I should throw away my education, my morals, my sensitivity, my selflessness, my compassion, and get a sex change! LMFAO!!!

Although I'm sure it was cute as hell

Quoting moniagee:

I painted my dd's toenails when she was 8 days old. It's cute. Besides, she's a lady, and ladies never get caught wearing open toed shoes without her toes being done.
;-)

CupcakenCookie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I didn't think it was stupid when I painted my baby's toenails. I think it's cute. I also do other things to groom her and allow her to enjoy being a girl. One if the perks is painted nails. I also paint my nails. I don't think it's a waste of time or stupid on my hands or nails either. I think it looks nice.
lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think painting toes is okay, until they start chewing on those too. LOL

CupcakenCookie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
What is LMFAO?

Quoting Jaycee878:

I wear open toed shoe's all the time and don't paint my nails. Am I not a lady because I don't put paint on my body? I don't think it's the polish that defines a women and if it is then I should throw away my education, my morals, my sensitivity, my selflessness, my compassion, and get a sex change! LMFAO!!!

Quoting moniagee:

I painted my dd's toenails when she was 8 days old. It's cute. Besides, she's a lady, and ladies never get caught wearing open toed shoes without her toes being done.
;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
An Un-groomed woman is not a lady. Maybe Jaycee is to busy laughing her fat ass off to notice.
MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I don't have the patience to paint my own nails. No way would I try to do an infant's.
yayay15
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I only painted her toes. Even my four year old picks the paint off her fingers so I don't paint them very often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Actually,I was joking. I know plenty of women, who are very much ladies, whi wear open toed shoes without polish. It was a joke, hence the winking face at the end.

Quoting Jaycee878:

Quoting moniagee:

;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Laughing my fat ass off.

Quoting CupcakenCookie:

What is LMFAO?

Quoting Jaycee878:

Quoting moniagee:

;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN