Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Painting baby's nails is just dumb.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sil painted her 6mo's fingernails a bright Barbie pink and then bitched for 3days about how the baby gnawed all the paint off. Don't paint a baby's nails and she won't chew the paint off, idiot! Besides, is it even safe for baby to ingest that stuff?

I think painting a baby's fingernails is dumb. What do you think? Is painting a baby's fingernails okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Um no. Its laughing my fucking ass off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Laughing my fat ass off.

Quoting CupcakenCookie:

What is LMFAO?

Quoting Jaycee878:

I wear open toed shoe's all the time and don't paint my nails. Am I not a lady because I don't put paint on my body? I don't think it's the polish that defines a women and if it is then I should throw away my education, my morals, my sensitivity, my selflessness, my compassion, and get a sex change! LMFAO!!!

Although I'm sure it was cute as hell

Quoting moniagee:

I painted my dd's toenails when she was 8 days old. It's cute. Besides, she's a lady, and ladies never get caught wearing open toed shoes without her toes being done.
;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Laughing My Fucking Ass Off

Quoting CupcakenCookie:

What is LMFAO?

Quoting Jaycee878:

I wear open toed shoe's all the time and don't paint my nails. Am I not a lady because I don't put paint on my body? I don't think it's the polish that defines a women and if it is then I should throw away my education, my morals, my sensitivity, my selflessness, my compassion, and get a sex change! LMFAO!!!

Quoting moniagee:

I painted my dd's toenails when she was 8 days old. It's cute. Besides, she's a lady, and ladies never get caught wearing open toed shoes without her toes being done.
;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I know that. I was being funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um no. Its laughing my fucking ass off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Laughing my fat ass off.

Quoting CupcakenCookie:

What is LMFAO?

Quoting Jaycee878:

Quoting moniagee:

;-)

pittymama
by Holly on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

we didn't paint her fingernails, just her toenails. she didn't stick things in her mouth, still doesn't so it wouldn't have been an issue for us.

sunnyfaery
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I never did fingernails as I was worried about the polish being chewed and it's got all sorts of gross chemicals in it. I did paint my dd's toenails when she was little and my eldest niece's, with my sister's permission. I've also painted my boys' nails, but not until they were older and could ask when their sister and I were doing our nails. To me it's just a fun thing to do and explore colors we like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I think painted nails is dumb. If we were meant to have it, we'd be born with it. :/

peggytoo
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Quoting bamababe1975:

I'm with you. I think it's fine when they're toddlers and less likely to chew the paint off, but when they're infants, why bother? There are some polishes that are designed specifically for children because they know the kids will likely chew them, but most of the others aren't really safe for that. I'd just say wait until they're older and paint them with the safe polishes rather than doing it when they're babies and don't even know what's going on.

Ditto here.  For my dd, it wasnt till she was 4-5 when I did her nails because she asked.  

shawnamama
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

It was a joke and funny one. LoL

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG, too vain. Unreal.

Quoting moniagee:

;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Agreed!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think painted nails is dumb. If we were meant to have it, we'd be born with it. :/

JenB1983
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, s/o paints our 7 month old's nails at least once a week. We have special "piggy paint" just for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)