Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Painting baby's nails is just dumb.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sil painted her 6mo's fingernails a bright Barbie pink and then bitched for 3days about how the baby gnawed all the paint off. Don't paint a baby's nails and she won't chew the paint off, idiot! Besides, is it even safe for baby to ingest that stuff?

I think painting a baby's fingernails is dumb. What do you think? Is painting a baby's fingernails okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (51-60):
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I didn't paint my DD's nails until she was about 3.  It never occurred to me to paint them when she was a baby and I definitely wouldn't have wanted her putting her fingers in her mouth.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM

The concern I have about painting a baby's nails is that they do gnaw it off. I believe there is some baby safe nail polish, but really, the baby is not a doll. Wait until she can get some pleasure from painted nails.

CupcakenCookie
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Oh dear. I did not know what that meant. Thanks for telling me. I will not be using that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um no. Its laughing my fucking ass off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Laughing my fat ass off.

Quoting CupcakenCookie:

What is LMFAO?

Quoting Jaycee878:

I wear open toed shoe's all the time and don't paint my nails. Am I not a lady because I don't put paint on my body? I don't think it's the polish that defines a women and if it is then I should throw away my education, my morals, my sensitivity, my selflessness, my compassion, and get a sex change! LMFAO!!!

Although I'm sure it was cute as hell

Quoting moniagee:

I painted my dd's toenails when she was 8 days old. It's cute. Besides, she's a lady, and ladies never get caught wearing open toed shoes without her toes being done.
;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a dumb comment. If we were meant to wear clothes we would be born with them. If we were meant to be born with higher intelligence we would be born that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think painted nails is dumb. If we were meant to have it, we'd be born with it. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Meanwhile, you give your babies plastic toys and things that have toxins.....

Not you in particular.... But you as in all of us.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I didn't paint my DD's nails until she was about 3.  It never occurred to me to paint them when she was a baby and I definitely wouldn't have wanted her putting her fingers in her mouth.

aneela
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

i personally would NOT do it...

newwifenmom
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Uh, wouldn't call it dumb, some people just think its cute. I wouldn't do it though til my child is at an age where her hands aren't constantly in her mouth.

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM

only the toes, if at all!  they put them in their mouth's all day long!  even the toes slip in once in a while...smile.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I did it once with my youngest now 17 months, was for a photo shoot and baby safe polish. But it went on and came of with in an hour. lol

I usually start to paint my girls toenails around 12 months old, older 2 are summer babies. lol ny 17 month old gets her toes, I wont do fingers till almost 2 yrs old.

timon95
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

i never painted her fingernails at that age, but i did paint her toenails

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)