Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Painting baby's nails is just dumb.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sil painted her 6mo's fingernails a bright Barbie pink and then bitched for 3days about how the baby gnawed all the paint off. Don't paint a baby's nails and she won't chew the paint off, idiot! Besides, is it even safe for baby to ingest that stuff?

I think painting a baby's fingernails is dumb. What do you think? Is painting a baby's fingernails okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I think its dump! Would nt do it on my little gal, so as piercing! Will wait until they asked to be painted and pierced and they will be old by then, I know its none of my business when one does it but its silly from my point of view.
mrswillie
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I wouldn't care either way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM

nail polish is not good for babies to get in their mouth. they do make nail polish for this reason but my guess is she did not use that kind? why get mad about a baby being a baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I did their toes until they started chewing on their feet. Then I stopped and started again when they could keep from eating it.
alliesmom112
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I painted dd's toe nails as a baby didn't do her fingers until she was older
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM

It is dumb.  baby will just suck that finger nail polish all off.  not healthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

i think painting nails of young girls (bright colors like now a days) matches the slutty outfits i see in the mall.... strippers or hoo... in training!

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I have identical triplets. We painted nails to be able to tell the babies apart.
MySweetChild
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I always painted DDs toenails, even as young as 6 months or maybe a little older, but not her fingernails until quite a bit older.  I was always scared of her chewing it off and afraid it would hurt her tummy!

Jaycee878
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Laughing my f*ing a** off.

Quoting CupcakenCookie:

What is LMFAO?

Quoting Jaycee878:

I wear open toed shoe's all the time and don't paint my nails. Am I not a lady because I don't put paint on my body? I don't think it's the polish that defines a women and if it is then I should throw away my education, my morals, my sensitivity, my selflessness, my compassion, and get a sex change! LMFAO!!!

Although I'm sure it was cute as hell

Quoting moniagee:

I painted my dd's toenails when she was 8 days old. It's cute. Besides, she's a lady, and ladies never get caught wearing open toed shoes without her toes being done.
;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)