Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it ok to kick him out of bed if...

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 175 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you think it's ok to ask your husband to sleep on the couch if he's snoring and you can't sleep?

Options:

yes

no

Other - please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 310

View Results

Do you think it's ok to ask your husband to sleep on the couch if he's snoring and you can't sleep? 

Sleep is important and if you can't sleep because your dh is always snoring, would you tell him to sleep on the couch? 

That's what my friend has done.  Now they don't sleep together but she's finally getting some rest!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM
9 moms liked this

No.  Elbow him and make him turn over on his side-that helps a lot.  For over forty years I would wake up[ around 2 in the morning and (gently) elbow him and whisper "turn over," because he snored mainly on his back. 

isaacsmommy68
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

My ex-husband had sleep apnea. We would have neighbors complain it was so bad. We had separate rooms! No we did not divorce because of the sleeping arrangements. But i am sure it didn't help.

shell.bell
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
That is what I do.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

No.  Elbow him and make him turn over on his side-that helps a lot.  For over forty years I would wake up[ around 2 in the morning and (gently) elbow him and whisper "turn over," because he snored mainly on his back. 

Nicole_2007
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
7 moms liked this

No.  What I usually do is elbow him and he will turn over the other way or I use ear plugs so that way I don't hear his snoring as much.  There has even been a few times that I have went and slept in a recliner.  I figure its his bed to and its not fair to kick him out of it for something he can't help.  My husband has even used some of the aides to help stop snoring which has helped alot

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM
13 moms liked this
You go to the couch, it's your issue... Not his.

The other option is to get him to the dr a sleep study if necessary.
It seems an occasional night with YOU on the couch is minor, but if he's waking up way tired and you can't sew half a tennis ball into the shirts he sleeps in (preventing the ability to sleeping his back) then a dr visit is required.

The amount of medically related reasons for snoring are countless..... Damaging an otherwise healthy marriage by oh, kicking him out say after sex... I can't see that bringing a couple closer together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I move elsewhere. Begged dh to get a sleep study. He has sleep apnea. He refuses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If my husband is snoring, and asking him to roll over onto his side doesn't work, and I really can't sleep, I would go to the couch, not kick him out of bed.

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Sure.

No.

If my DH was snoring, I would either put up with it or go sleep on the couch myself b/c he needs the bed for his back and neck.  If the wife needs the bed worse than the husband, then I wouldn't see a problem with her asking him to sleep on the couch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm the snorer. lol

rachellaree20
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

My SO snores a lot and sometimes it keeps me up.  I'll poke him sometimes to wake him up and tell him to roll over since he usually snores when he's sleeping on his back.  Other times I'll just get up myself and sleep on the couch.  I'd feel bad asking him to since he can't help that he snores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)