Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Not following the CO

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

My ex texted me and said he will no longer be picking our son up at the police station because he said he is uncomfortable picking him up there and that it makes him feel like he did something wrong. He said if he has to pick him up at the police station that he won't show up there. I told him I am not willing to let him come to my house when he comes to my house he verbally harrasses me, doesn't pick our son up on time or bring him back on time. I told him if he refuses to go to the police station then guess he won't be seeing our son. Advice? 

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cgibson2
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Has he been guilty or arrested in the past that makes him uncomfortable going there? It's the most common location in our county, the Sheriff's dept, right next door to courthouse :)

Hopefully things work out and he changes his mind.

Is this location set up by the courts?
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Post #6426997522479900863111580 about ex husband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AAP1988
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Drop offs and pick ups used to be at my house but he was never on time dropping off or picking up so I had the courts change it to police station. 

Quoting cgibson2:

Has he been guilty or arrested in the past that makes him uncomfortable going there? It's the most common location in our county, the Sheriff's dept, right next door to courthouse :)

Hopefully things work out and he changes his mind.

Is this location set up by the courts?

apollothor
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Did the court decide on this location? If the judge decided that then that is how it is and you can't change it without defying a court order and getting in trouble with the court. Either he wants to see his child or he doesn't. He can't be throwing hissyfits and make it go his way. He should be looking at the big picture which is seeing his son. You have no protection from his bad treatment if you don't do this at the police station. You will make your claim of harrassment seem to be without merit. Also save the text on your phone, email it to yourself, and print up copies of the email, and save it also on your computer.Also keep an accurate log as to what time he drops off and picks up and the dates.

TexanMomOf6
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:50 PM

(I couldn't find your other post) 

Perfect. If the CO says a time and date, you be there at that time. Get a calendar and have an officer or a dispatcher sign it saying you and DS were there, with time you arrived and departed. It shows that you were there as ordered. That way when he takes you to court to say how you aren't letting him see his son you can show the signed calendar.  Also lock/save all the texts from and to him. They are admissable in court. Once again, it shows you made the effort. Be sure to text him an hour before the exchange time to remind him. When he tells you he doesn't want to go, tell him you are just following CO. Be careful what you say to him.  Texts can be retreived but the phone comanys need a court order to do it. Don't tell him you are keeping any kind of records.

shoot4thestars
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM

If he refuses, that's his choice.   I would still go just in case he decides to show up so you won't be in contempt.  If he doesn't show after 20 minutes, then I would leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Go to a fire station or a known restaurant that the police eat at.

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM

THIS SOUNDS REALLY SAD THAT U GUYS CANT GET ALONG FOR YOUR KID !

AAP1988
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Yes it is court ordered. I feel bad if he doesn't come see our child but I want to follow the CO, that is what it is there for. 

Quoting apollothor:

Did the court decide on this location? If the judge decided that then that is how it is and you can't change it without defying a court order and getting in trouble with the court. Either he wants to see his child or he doesn't. He can't be throwing hissyfits and make it go his way. He should be looking at the big picture which is seeing his son. You have no protection from his bad treatment if you don't do this at the police station. You will make your claim of harrassment seem to be without merit. Also save the text on your phone, email it to yourself, and print up copies of the email, and save it also on your computer.Also keep an accurate log as to what time he drops off and picks up and the dates.

AAP1988
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I know it's sad that he cannot get along with me. If he didn't swear at me in front of our son and call me every name in the book while are 6 yr old is standing there yes not happening. 

Quoting nurse1997:

THIS SOUNDS REALLY SAD THAT U GUYS CANT GET ALONG FOR YOUR KID !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN