Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My kids hate me

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM
  • 13 Replies
I swear they do. Any mess or mistake they make is fodder for DHs rants of how useless and stupid I am.
Yesterday DD3 had a black marker which I quickly grabbed off her and put on top of the fridge out of reach, or so I thought. Not long ago I went and bf baby girl on the bed and DH got home and he had to go to town when he noticed a mark on the car. Dd6 had climbed on a chair and got the marker while I was feeding baby girl and 1 of them drew on the car. Ugh.
You can imagine what his reaction was like, luckily it's a dark grey car.
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM
2 moms liked this
It isn't their fault your husband is an asshole.
want10more
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM
4 moms liked this

i'd leave the kids alone and beat the crap outta your hubby. any mere man that told me i was stupid and/or worthless would soon wake up w/ his balls tied in a knot and firmly duct taped to the nearest bedpost. your kids will NEVER be respectful of you, if your hubby ain't gonna be. they're learning from him! put your foot down... firmly... right between his eyes. you really don't have to take that kinda crap from ANYONE, least of all the person that is sposed to be your biggest supporter!

MichelleK41
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd def. have a long talk with your hubby. He should remember how they treat mom could be a reflection on how they see dad treat/speak to mom.

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

This.

Quoting MichelleK41:

I'd def. have a long talk with your hubby. He should remember how they treat mom could be a reflection on how they see dad treat/speak to mom.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
this

Quoting MichelleK41:

Wish2Be
A mommy to the best little boy in the world !
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Your DH needs a reality check....I suggest you leave him with the kids all day for one single day and see how he handles it....he may come out of it appreciating you more.

pittymama
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Quoting MichelleK41:

sunflower37
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

No your kids don't hate you their just being kids. It's your husband whose got the problem.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Continue to be firm with the children and consistent with rules and policies. Your husband is very wrong to call you such name and is actually guilty of verbal abuse.  Seek counseling for yourself at least, and hopefully couples counseling.  Also you could talk with your religious leader. Meanwhile, it may be a good idea to make sure that you can get a job- get job training if you don't already have some, and look around for jobs, in case it comes to your needing to support yourself and your children. Also ask a lawyer about what you should be preparing to do if the marriage falls apart.

GwenMB
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I very much agree with this.  His reaction to kids being kids (which is annoying in itself) is abuse.

Quoting Bmat:

Continue to be firm with the children and consistent with rules and policies. Your husband is very wrong to call you such name and is actually guilty of verbal abuse.  Seek counseling for yourself at least, and hopefully couples counseling.  Also you could talk with your religious leader. Meanwhile, it may be a good idea to make sure that you can get a job- get job training if you don't already have some, and look around for jobs, in case it comes to your needing to support yourself and your children. Also ask a lawyer about what you should be preparing to do if the marriage falls apart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)