Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What do you do when he wants more kids & you don't?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband and I have 3 kids together, 5, 7, and 8. He's started dropping hints about wanting another one but I'm exhausted from the 3 we have. I've told him I like having 3 and don't want more but he keeps trying to make me change my mind.

What can I do to get him to understand?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I had the same dispute with my husband and he waited for me to be ready. I'm pregnant with #4 and my others are 18, 14 and 11
aneela
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

well whats his reason for wanting another? did he just pick a number out of the air? but really...you both have to agree...just be honest and if you are not up to it...he has to respect that in the end since you are the one who has to carry the baby and most likely care 99% of the time for all the kids

good luck

GagaNTattooS
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Lol laugh at him probably hysterically and walk away????
newwifenmom
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Not sure, I'm concerned ours would be the other way around.

dusky_rose
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

DH wanted another child when our DS was 2, but I told him no.

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM

be submissive.  lay down and take one for the team?  i mean for you not me...i would panic!

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Real simple u tell him unless he plans on pushing it out end of that subject ! 

Sunshine257
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Yeah we talked before marriage didn't do any good. People change their minds after they actually have children. They are more aware of what they can handle. Just keep telling him how you feel op.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should be talked about before marriage. I say if he wants more he can get pregnant.

Bob192
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I would tell him how tired I am and what my responsiblities are.  Maybe you all could come to a compromise, that if he helps more and you are not so tired, you would feel like having another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Holy crap, are you kidding??

Quoting fivegirls333:

be submissive.  lay down and take one for the team?  i mean for you not me...i would panic!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)