Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

so livid

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just got a court motion filed  by my oldest sons father he wants me to transport our son during visitation an hour away when I do not drive, he is the one who moved and the judge already issued that he be the drop off and pick up, this is the 3rd time he has filed this motion he also asked for me to help pay for visitation costs. This is unbelievable. 

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Today at 7:22 AM
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Wow!

pittymama
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM

total bummer. doesn't sound like something a judge would go for to begin with, why has he filed it 3 times? 

countrygirlkat
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

An hour isn't bad.  I would do all I could to help make sure my children still had a relationship with their dad unless he isn't a good father.

AAP1988
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I do try everything possible I have my son call his dad 2 to 3 times a week. I skype him and everything. I don't drive due to a medical condition or I would drive half way so I do everything possible. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

An hour isn't bad.  I would do all I could to help make sure my children still had a relationship with their dad unless he isn't a good father.

Lb128f
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I'm sorry he keeps harassing you. The court has made a decision and I don't think they will change it unless there is a "change in circumstances" in your case. You might want to ask the Judge to have your "ex" stop filing frivolous motions. 

http://www.courts.ca.gov/17975.htm

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/child-custody-how-to-modify-an-existing-child-custody-or-visitation-order.html

From web site:

After a judge makes a custody or visitation order, 1 or both parents may want to change the order. Usually, the judge will approve a new custody and visitation order that both parents agree to. If the parents cannot agree on a change, 1 parent can ask the court for a change. That parent will probably have to complete certain forms to ask for a court hearing and prove to the judge that there is a significant change in circumstances (for example, the children would be harmed unless the order is changed) or other good reason to change the order. Both parents will most likely have to meet with a mediator to talk about why the court order needs to be changed.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Please do not be bullied or coerced into hish wishes. It's just another way he can control you. My ex chose to move an hour away and you better believe I NEVER even met him half way.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Sorry you are dealing with this. I have never had any issues with my ex luckily. I moved 3 hours away from him with our daughter and I meet him halfway everytime he wants to see her, but I dont have any issues driving. I hope something can get worked out.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Hope he wins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aygonzales
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM
And why is that? I would agree if she moved but it was his choice to move and there is no court that would order the custodial parent to pay for the cost and provide transportation for the non custodial parents visits. That is his responsibility he odds still a parent and that privilege isn't free to anyone.

Quoting marchantmom06:Hope he wins
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I would love for the judge to give him custody so this woman will leave him the hell alone. She has literally made 50 post in the last week all about this ex boyfriend. She refused to let him keep the child 2 extra hours so they could go do something fun because she didn't want to. She in no way make anything easy for this man and he has jumped through enough hoops for her insane behavior. It's women like her that make men run like hell away from their children. She "can't drive" well that's not his fault anymore than him moving is her fault. She should have to meet him at least halfway if not take him one way. She doesn't want to do anything to accommodate him in anyway. What if he moved an hour away for more affordable housing so his child would have somewhere to stay when he got him? Everyone is so fast to judge the man when in reality it's the woman causing the problems 90% of the time.

Quoting aygonzales:

And why is that? I would agree if she moved but it was his choice to move and there is no court that would order the custodial parent to pay for the cost and provide transportation for the non custodial parents visits. That is his responsibility he odds still a parent and that privilege isn't free to anyone.

Quoting marchantmom06:Hope he wins

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)